Qantas DSC October 2024 Offer - book by 31/10/24 & fly 1/11/24-19/10/25

if I book X ADL on a Y and need to change to X Sydney is that a problem?
Im new to this
I understand its free changes is that correct?

Yes
The entire AFF and competitor groups took up DSC runs jokes
The average punter double points to add to the pot
I know it’s tongue in cheek, but it wouldn’t even be all of AFF. I don’t engage at all as I know on balance I won’t fly QF in any given year. I don’t fly VA either, though- I just do so few domestic flights. My one VA forward booking isn’t even for me!

I have a deal on amex spend 500 get 100 back
should I just be buying 5 x 100 vouchers
any other ideas other than 177 and 377?

Sorry if these have been answered, but haven't found it. Hopefully answers will be useful to toher AFF members:
1. Under what conditions might PNR change when rebooking a flex ticket? Domestic <-> international? Single -> multiple bookings?
2. What's the cheapest flex ticket on QF metal anywhere? (if wanting to book multiple for next 12 months for rebooking use during the year to capture DSCs from this promo)?
3. What's the cheapest international flex ticket on QF for same reason as above if PNRs change going from domestic to international?

Thanks!

Sorry if these have been answered, but haven't found it. Hopefully answers will be useful to toher AFF members:
1. Under what conditions might PNR change when rebooking a flex ticket? Domestic <-> international? Single -> multiple bookings?
2. What's the cheapest flex ticket on QF metal anywhere? (if wanting to book multiple for next 12 months for rebooking use during the year to capture DSCs from this promo)?
3. What's the cheapest international flex ticket on QF for same reason as above if PNRs change going from domestic to international?

Thanks!
1. PNR's don't change if you change the booking from a domestic to an international one.
2. Just use the Qantas route maps to find a short distance flight - suggestion would be for everyone to not pick the very shortest one so as it doesn't start to ring bells at QF - you get the full credit of what you book as a banker flight anyway so its not like you are wasting the extra $30-40 to pick a different route other than the shortest.
3. N/A because of (1) but just again can just use the Qantas route maps to find a short international one (on Qantas metal).

That has not been my experience. I have earned SCs and DSCs on BA and AS awards on multiple occasions as a PC+ member.
I've went through so many posts today, guess that PC/PC+ will earn SC/DSC IF and ONLY IF QF operated + QF mental as mentioned earlier in the thread. Am I correct? Going bonkers reading through all the T&C's hahaha.....

and of course during the same period if I was to book a flight QFXX but on China Airlines (Plane/metal) that would just give the normal SC earn rate right?

PC/PC+ will earn SC/DSC IF and ONLY IF QF operated + QF mental as mentioned earlier in the thread. Am I correct? Going bonkers reading through all the T&C's hahaha.....
Correct. Only exception is the QF flights operated by Finnair under the current wet lease arrangement.

and of course during the same period if I was to book a flight QFXX but on China Airlines (Plane/metal) that would just give the normal SC earn rate right?
Correct again.

I've went through so many posts today, guess that PC/PC+ will earn SC/DSC IF and ONLY IF QF operated + QF mental as mentioned earlier in the thread. Am I correct? Going bonkers reading through all the T&C's hahaha.....

We have all been there in the past and gone mental reading through all the T&C's and getting clarification on here from more experienced people and creating spreadsheets working out $ per SC etc etc. - it does get easier over time.

You are correct - a QF flight number on China Air metal will only earn normal SC's (if any).

Ignore the DSC part for now. For pretty much all intents and purposes (yes I'm aware there are some specific loophole) you will only earn SC on an award ticket where you're flying in Qantas Metal or the 2 Finair planes that are effectively Qantas. This almost certainly means if you can earn SC on those, you'll get DSC as long ss you satisfied the booking period and flight period requirements.

If its a classic reward (don't bother looking at CI as it doesn't have QF codeshare CRs) then you won't earn any SC or points period. If this was a cash fare then you would be correct although it's exceedingly hard to book it as a QFxx_X codeshare.

Ignore the DSC part for now. For pretty much all intents and purposes (yes I'm aware there are some specific loophole) you will only earn SC on an award ticket where you're flying in Qantas Metal or the 2 Finair planes that are effectively Qantas. This almost certainly means if you can earn SC on those, you'll get DSC as long ss you satisfied the booking period and flight period requirements.

If its a classic reward (don't bother looking at CI as it doesn't have QF codeshare CRs) then you won't earn any SC or points period. If this was a cash fare then you would be correct although it's exceedingly hard to book it as a QFxx_X codeshare.
that clears up a lot for me thank you! don't want to derail this thread too much with my questions getting bit non-related to DSC.

For award seats, outside of QF metal and codeshare flights, do you earn still earn SC on the oneworld partner airlines like CX? Or it would still be back on the original rule of QF flight + metal only + 2 finair planes, and any QFxx_X codeshare flights only. I'm pretty sure you already answered it!

Yes so if qualifying for a new tier for the first time, best value it to do so as early in your FF year as possible to get the maximum value (not an issue of course if you plan to requalify again the next year).
I've managed to fly enough to retain WP for 2025 (my membership renews at the end of February 2025). So, if I were to go up to P1 in February (before the end of the Membership year), then I would get to keep it until February 2026? Just wanted to double-check as my brain is fried (from this planning) and ready for cooling on the weekend 🤣 .

For award seats, outside of QF metal and codeshare flights, do you earn still earn SC on the oneworld partner airlines like CX?
No SC or points on award flights on non-QF metal. This includes codeshares on non-QF metal with a QF flight number. Basically, SC are earned only if you are PC/PC+ flying on QF metal with a QF flight number (inclusive of those 2 Finnair planes).

I've managed to fly enough to retain WP for 2025 (my membership renews at the end of February 2025). So, if I were to go up to P1 in February (before the end of the Membership year), then I would get to keep it until February 2026? Just wanted to double-check as my brain is fried (from this planning) and ready for cooling on the weekend 🤣 .
Yep, status retained for duration of current membership year + following membership year.

No you won’t even earn any SC with Awards booked using Avios.
Must be booked using QFF points as points club member.
Since when was that a thing? A flight I took back in June credited no problems.
A cash fare on a 125 ticket on QF code and metal would earn them though.
Good to know. So presumably if I were to call up Qantas to request a reward seat be released to Europe in J that will count?

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

I will be points club soon should I book a little award and then change when needed to get the DSCs
thinking of an F award to somewhere
I know its 5k to change it

I will be points club soon should I book a little award and then change when needed to get the DSCs
thinking of an F award to somewhere
I know its 5k to change it
In theory fine. In practice finding a QF F award is a bit of a challenge in of itself.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back