Qantas DSC October 2024 Offer - book by 31/10/24 & fly 1/11/24-19/10/25

Just booked flights today over the phone using old credits. I was advised that flight credits now qualify for DSC.

Apparently it's a new feature with the changes made to the use of credits. She advised that these credits might take longer to post but they do have a process to manage it. She wasn't convinced about the process working as planned. She did advise to take note of the booking ref etc post flight for potential follow up.

Hello. Hopefully I’m asking a question that is not asked before. I went thru all the 8 pages and couldn’t find the question I’m about to ask. However, I’m sick as a dog and I could have easily missed something. So apologies in advance.

In addition to the DSC/DP, there is also DP for QBR users. My question is, can I choose DSC for my QFF and then go to QBR and activate DP and get both DSC and DP when QBR # is entering the booking?

Some people have reported getting SCs on award flights on OW partner airlines such as BA or AA.

Personally i have flown on many AA and BA awards and got no SCs.

SCs for award flights on QF no problem!
Malaysian for me.
Post automatically merged:

What is this about? Am I missing something here?
Seems to be the best value Flex fare.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

I’ve just booked our flights HEL to connect onwards in Finnair to our cruise departing Reykjavik in Sept 2025. That one hooking alone will see me requal to WP and Mr Seat 0A make it back to WP.

I also got a quite good deal through Qantas Business Rewards this time - first time ever for that. Very happy right now. Certainly brought my spend forward though.

Since when was that a thing? A flight I took back in June credited no problems.

Good to know. So presumably if I were to call up Qantas to request a reward seat be released to Europe in J that will count?

It's certainly been my experience booking Qantas award flights with Alaska miles.

Some people have reported getting SCs on award flights on OW partner airlines such as BA or AA.

Personally i have flown on many AA and BA awards and got no SCs.

SCs for award flights on QF no problem!

You may be confusing the past experience of some with those who have earned SCs using Qantas points to book award flights on oneworld airlines as a Points Club member. This is kind of the reverse. Historically, there has been no issue booking a Qantas award flight using the currency of another program and earning SCs, as a Points Club member. And subject to the other DSC conditions, they'll earn double too.

I see nothing in the current terms to think anything has changed.

Last edited:
Hello. Hopefully I’m asking a question that is not asked before. I went thru all the 8 pages and couldn’t find the question I’m about to ask. However, I’m sick as a dog and I could have easily missed something. So apologies in advance.

In addition to the DSC/DP, there is also DP for QBR users. My question is, can I choose DSC for my QFF and then go to QBR and activate DP and get both DSC and DP when QBR # is entering the booking?
Yes - the QBR account and the flyer are treated as being two different "entities". Make sure that you register for both offers before making the booking.

I know there has been a few DPs in the past of separating out an existing CR rewards booking (SYD-BNE-CNS) and getting a new PNR during the DSC period. Heard it actually gives DSCs. Trying it out now.

Nothing to lose anyway as my parents arent PC members.

I’ve just booked our flights HEL to connect onwards in Finnair to our cruise departing Reykjavik in Sept 2025. That one hooking alone will see me requal to WP and Mr Seat 0A make it back to WP.
DSC on QF flights?

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back