Qantas Hotels Triple Points offers - on again until 27/10/2024

Looking at hotels for my HK and Japan trip in a few months time. Most of the rates are jacked up by at least 10-20% in comparison to Agoda…. Not really justified for the bonus points.

Most of the rates are jacked up by at least 10-20% in comparison to Agoda…. Not really justified for the bonus points.
I've also noticed the same so I still haven't had the chance to use my $50 QF Hotel voucher

Looking at hotels for my HK and Japan trip in a few months time. Most of the rates are jacked up by at least 10-20% in comparison to Agoda…. Not really justified for the bonus points.
That is unfortunate, I think I mentioned this on a different thread. For stays in NSW I have found several properties that the Qantas hotels rate was cheaper (only $5-$10 p/n) than other booking providers. Once I use the Qantas hotels voucher it makes it much cheaper. Another benefit is a lot of these regional properties don’t take Amex but Qantas hotels does. So I save money and double dip on Qantas points and amex points.

So don’t just write off Q Hotel bookings, double check as there is some sweet spots for cheaper stays. This seems to be with non chain hotels.

FreePoints.com.au is reporting that there'll be another triple points promo on hotels next week, but it doesn't start until Monday (on from 19 to 25 August).

Details: 9x Qantas points per dollar spent on Qantas Hotels - FreePoints.com.au

I actually saw that offer on the QF website yesterday but it has since disappeared. Maybe it was put up early by mistake? Problem is I have a $100 voucher that expires on the 18th. I know I won't get points on the voucher component but it would be nice to get 9x on the cash part.

Promo is now up and back on the QF Hotels website. Interesting though that I went to make a booking and it popped up that there was an error and it wouldn't process payment...

Edit: Suspected it might have been a tech issue with the QF Hotels website and that's exactly what it was. I pinged their live chat who basically said 'please call us so we can help you'. Thought I'd give it another go on a browser... bang, reservation went through. You really think they'd fix that kind of stuff by now.

Last edited:
Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Really dumb question - if I book for a family member (who I'm not travelling with), am I eligible for Qantas points? In the booking section 2 "Earn Qantas Points", when I click "When will I get my points?", it says "Qantas Points will automatically be credited within 8 weeks of checkout if the name and number match the details in the Frequent Flyer account."

Is it the name of the person in Your Details (the traveller) or is it the name of the person making the booking (me)?

Screen Shot 2024-08-23 at 1.03.57 pm.png

Just spotted this via Freepoints.com.au but am yet to receive the actual promo email from Qantas.

Qantas Frequent Flyer members will earn 9 Qantas Points per A$1 value on all hotels booked through qantas.com/hotels, except Classic Hotel Rewards, Airbnb, and holiday packages booked through qantas.com/holidays, from 12:01am (AEDT) 21 October 2024 until 11:59pm (AEDT) 27 October 2024 for travel until 26 October 2025.

Points Club members will earn 25% more Qantas Points (11.25x points per dollar), and Points Club Plus members will earn 50% more Qantas Points (13.5x points per dollar).

Note: Bookings made for Accor hotel offers during the campaign period will not earn triple points; however they will earn 9 Qantas Points per A$1 value instead of the standard 4 Qantas Points.

Offer excludes Holiday Packages, Airbnb, Qantas Entertainment and Qantas Tours. Qantas Points will not be earned on cancelled or refunded bookings. Qantas Points cannot be split between two or more members occupying the same room. To earn Qantas Points, quote your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number when booking. Members will not be able to redeem points for, or earn points on additional charges paid to the accommodation provider for extras (including cots, breakfasts and other incidentals) on check-in or check-out (as applicable). Qantas Points will be credited to your account within 6 weeks of hotel check-out.

Email came through for me this morning at 8.03am Sydney time.

Me:
Moone Boy Waiting GIF by HULU

Regarding Accor Hotels, these never appear for me when looking at qantas hotels, usually in Sydney which has plenty of options...

Seems like a poorly executed partnership, or am I doing something wrong?

Regarding Accor Hotels, these never appear for me when looking at qantas hotels, usually in Sydney which has plenty of options...

Seems like a poorly executed partnership, or am I doing something wrong?
They're definitely there. Just looking at some dates right now for Sydney CBD and am coming across a number of Accor properties in the search results.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back