Qantas Points Club Discussion

2020 was a completely different time. Qantas operations were largely shutdown due to you know what. And it was unclear how long this would last: would it be months or years? QF needed a way to earn $$ when people weren’t flying them and that’s where Points Club really made sense. And certainly in 2020 offering lounge access even to Flounges wasn’t a huge deal as no one was flying. I remember the good ol days of 2021 when I could rock up to a Qantas lounge and have a good portion of the lounge to myself whilst I waited to board my flight to DRW booked during one of their fire sales
We are about to hit two years since the international border opened. Qantas has had plenty of time to refresh the program.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back