Question about $400 Amex travel credit

Kscf

Intern
Virgin
Gold
I have a question abt the $400 travel credit issued for the explorer card. My credit expired in Nov 2023 which I used to book a resort for stay in August but now my travel plans have changed.

If I cancel will amex clawback the $400 credit??

Separate question about the Amex Explorer $400 travel credit.

I understand it can be used on a range of airlines now, however when looking on the Amex Travel website, Turkish isn't coming up as an option.

Would anyone know if I can use the credit by contact Amex and having them book it, or is it only available for travel that can be booked online?

thanks!

Would anyone know if I can use the credit by contact Amex and having them book it, or is it only available for travel that can be booked online?

I have been told in the past that if we are using services of Amex Travel over phone , we might not be able to use our travel credit.

Also there has been a note on Amex Travel site that tickets with some airlines are having some issue and to try booking main stream airlines.

I have been told in the past that if we are using services of Amex Travel over phone , we might not be able to use our travel credit.

Also there has been a note on Amex Travel site that tickets with some airlines are having some issue and to try booking main stream airlines.

thanks, so in the end I used the Amex chat, they said they can apply the credit to manually made bookings... however, for TK flights, I was advised:

"checking on our ticketing system, I have found out that Amex does not have an authority to sell or issue ticket for a Turkish airlines booking."

I've a got a two-night stay booked with Charge/Reserve travel credits and I now can't travel to the city anymore. Can I change the bookings to another hotel in another city using the original travel credit?

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back