Recent Westpac Credit Card Application

Scr77

Established Member
Something I've never come across in my years of churning, so I thought I'd share.

I just stated applying for the Westpac Velocity Platinum. Provided, name, address and verified mobile number. Clicked next to be told:
1718425403994.png
I thought it was a glitch, but I also got an email saying a team member would call in 2-4 days. I never got to provide income or expenses, so I doubt I've been declined already.

Anyone noticed if this a new process?

I have this westpac too. I think they have a bunch of buggy data in their system if you have prior credit cards which disrupts their checks before you get anywhere.
In my experience they never called, either, and never managed to fix the issue

Thanks for your thoughts. Did you notice if they did a credit check?

Thanks for your thoughts. Did you notice if they did a credit check?
I didn’t check but I doubt it. It errored pretty quick and I’ve never seen a check happen before all expense/income details are given

Had the same thing....... turns out the system recognised a recent St George card (closed 12 months earlier) as being an active Westpac Account CRN....... no idea why on lots of fronts...... but guessing the back end systems are merging St George and Westpac CRN's...... either way, it all resolved with a phone call...... no issues with points crediting either.

Turned out to be simple Issue. I’ve changed address and email address since my last dealings with Westpac. Their system just needed to be told which one was correct and I could continue application. It was actually impressive to deal with an onshore call centre.

Turned out to be simple Issue. I’ve changed address and email address since my last dealings with Westpac. Their system just needed to be told which one was correct and I could continue application. It was actually impressive to deal with an onshore call centre.
Did they call you or did you need to chase rhem?

I uploaded two recent payslips.

But as I've been made aware, this issue arises when someone's changed their address's since last applying, which I haven't

I've just gone through this process. It wasn't great. They didn't approve automatically. And it was largely due to an old credit card on my credit file. They first asked for proof. So I sent them my account closure notice from 2022. Then they advised that was too old, and I could have re-opened the account after closing (not sure that's possible). So I had to contact the card issuer and ask for a recent closure confirmation.

Then they wanted more info such as payslips, mortgage and loan statements etc. The process is contactless with back and forth in their messages online. Which was really annoying.

They would call too but wouldn't give me a callback number. Until I pushed further and they eventually gave me a number which was 1 300 366 867 the Westpac application line. Hope this helps someone else.

this just happened to me; apparently i somehow had "two profiles int he system" and they needed to merge them. made me go into a branch to do so - painful.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back