Rockfords discussion

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

I am getting rid of my last from private school this year, and uni is way more expensive even with the kid putting the tuition fees onto HECS. So time to tighten the belt for another 4 years or however long it takes to graduate. So I better load up the 2021 Rockford order today before the college application fees are due next week.

Gary Walsh was a bit harsh with his 89 point review. Not going to stop me from buying it.

Rockford Basket Press Shiraz 2021
Posted on 18 October 2024.

A blend of grapes from many places around the Barossa - Eden Valley, Marananga, Ebenezer etc. - kind of like a Barolo classico in that way. Regardless, aside the acclimation, I reckon the straight Shiraz is often not the best wine in the Rockford portfolio of reds, at least these days. It's a wine that feels different to the others in the way it's vinified.

Black fruit, iodine, pencil shavings, beef pan juices, liquorice and spice. It's medium to full-bodied, dark and quite saline, plenty of chewy tannin, a blood orange tang to acidity, toasted nuts, with a ferrous edge on a finish of decent length. There's something of a desiccated character to this wine, though it does have impact, albeit not a great deal of charm. The acidity feels a bit unsettled to me, a lemony zing to close, and maybe that's OK for others, just noted all the same. Not a soft Rockford style, more angular and hard.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back