So... what car do you guys drive when not flying?

I have a (currently unregistered) cherry red 1967 MK 1 MGB. Rego : MY MGB
It goes But I want to restore it......well get someone to restore it ......frankly every time I think I can afford it, I find something else a bit more important to do....like lunch in AKL. :)

During the day I drive a Kluger Grande.

My hope is to buy a Q7 next, but once again I have had other more pressing matters than a car, and besides the damn Kluger just keeps on going without missing a beat.
The MG is still going , I have sold the other collectibles. I never did buy the Q7 , my daily driver is a Kia Sportage. I really like it

Attachments

• IMG_1470.jpeg
    IMG_1470.jpeg
    182 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
For those in NSW, getting your EV before 1Jan2024 will be a shield against paying the planned NSW Road User Charge from 2027 so long as stamp duty was paid in the purchase and for as long as you own the EV.

Last edited:
For those in NSW, getting your EV before 1Jan2024 will be a shield against paying to planned NSW Road User Charge from 2027 so long as stamp duty was paid in the purchase and for as long as you own the EV.
Why are existing EVs not considered road users (or not having to pay with all others)? I see more Teslas than just about any other make of car around my parts, these days

Why are existing EVs not considered road users
Possibly it did not want the legislation to be seen to be in any way retrospective. It is giving lots of notice and at the same time encouraging EV ownership with a carrot (Ev subsidies) and a stick (get it quick or else you will be taxed)
It may not even get off the ground - High Court ruling on the Victorian version pending

The EVs purchased with no stamp duty paid at purchase prior to 1Jan 2024 will have to pay the RUC
Those who did pay the Stamp duty will not

Does the GTS have Launch control and Torque vectoring?

Did Porshe say when the Taycan Ev will be available?

Why do car dealers persist with the blue ribbon?
IDK

Didn’t ask but someone in my suburb is driving one as I see him all the time showing it off to anyone who will listen to him 😂
It’s not really a looker IMHO.

My BMW dealer had red. Think I prefer the blue.

I'm almost 60 years old and have a 9 year old Honda CR-V. I'm hoping this car has another 8 years left as I'm still short of 100K kms.

The plan is then another car at 68 years old which will be the last car to take me through 85 years old. I'm really not a fan of electric vehicles but may not have a choice unless I buy a normal car earlier and let it sit in garage?

Oh and we may end up getting a Honda CR-V in Thailand. That should last a long time as I cannot see us doing more than 5,000 kms/ year.

New Nissan Note e-Power Nismo S got dropped off today. First time in a Hybrid.. be retiring the Lexus

Attachments

• 20231026_144705small.jpg
    20231026_144705small.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 8
Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Well I drive a whole heap less, as I'm currently prohibited from driving due to a medical condition.

However I do have a nice Ford LTD waiting for me in the garage when my prohibition ends in a couple of months (hopefully).

s I cannot see us doing more than 5,000 kms/ year.
Why even have a car?. just catch an Uber/similar
Or alternatively
I would get an EV - they are getting very cheap. That way it can sit in the garage - plugged in to power at all times - while not driven keep it charged to 30%. Almost no servicing required.

Last edited:

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back