SQ Tips, Trips and Tales

I think I have had about 8-9 Lobster Thermidors and I do recall they were better before COVID but you can never go wrong especially if you can pair it with a delicate Louis Latour Pouilly-Fuisse.

IMO, SQ has been very inconsistent overall

Not sure which card to choose? Compare on AFF and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

I used to order the Lobster obsessively - and then remembered i live in Aus and can have lobster literally whenever i want to. So now i order random things which i never remember, so each meal is quelle suprise
I do agree with this as you can pick up a lobster tail for $9-25 from Woolworths/ Coles (depending on the size) but I would much rather a more premium wine list in J to be honest and that is where SQ lacks

;) Please tell the crew and tell them its absolutely unacceptable that no provision for cutlery is made for the satay. Its very QF to not provide cutlery;)
If a separate saucer for the sauce is provided, I usually use the satay itself as a scoop - just pull the satay down to the tips with your teeth then scoop up the sauce. The onion is also another method. By the time I finish the satay, there is no sauce left. However, any remnants is licked off. If slurping noodles is de riguer, then licking the sauce off is a nothing burger. Basically satay is a very hands on dish.
No satay tonight on SQ 208 out of MEL at 19.25 - first time ever for me.
I even brought my own plastic spoon which was, in the event, unused!
I always pack a spoon for SQ J or F, so I can scoop up all the sauce - Mrs D thinks I am nuts

I even brought my own plastic spoon which was, in the event, unused!
I always pack a spoon for SQ J or F, so I can scoop up all the sauce - Mrs D thinks I am nuts

Looks like it's been enhanced off the menu...

I have noticed the Satay appearing on book the cook as a MAIN option, for other flights :(

Oh Duffa you are such a duffer - AQIS directives prohibit SQ offering satays on ALL outbound flts from ALL AU ports as Satays are prepared in SIN rather than AU dep ports - NFI why - maybe SQ protecting their recipe - nothing new about this - has been implemented for yonks.

I have seen reports where some pax claim it not be - but it do be - pictorial evidence to refute only pls.

(I will be onboard 237 within an hour and I will clarify with IFM)

Edit: As posted above all Satay are loaded at SIN - IFM Alice confirmed SQ are not confident outstations could maintain consistency and integrity of quality.

As for AU Alice was not 100% sure but I know I went into this in depth quite a few years ago - basically AQIS insist all foods not enclosed in fully sealed unopened containers (there are restrictions on some of these also) must be disposed of upon arrival of aircraft - there go your prepared Satays down the drain. AU is not the only country on the planet who administer in this fashion but there are not too many - as Bruce would say - SPECIAL aren’t we?

Last edited:
Rare no longer available SQ SIN TPR or F Lounge - apart from Comtes vinegar this is next offering in TPR and F:
IMG_9014.jpeg
And TPR champs menu offerings:
IMG_9015.jpeg

Oh Duffa you are such a duffer - AQIS directives prohibit SQ offering satays on ALL outbound flts from ALL AU ports as Satays are prepared in SIN rather than AU dep ports - NFI why - maybe SQ protecting their recipe - nothing new about this - has been implemented for yonks.

I have seen reports where some pax claim it not be - but it do be - pictorial evidence to refute only pls.

(I will be onboard 237 within an hour and I will clarify with IFM)

SQ226 PER-SIN 9th September 2024

IMG_0798.jpeg

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back