Status at time of booking vs at time of check in

Mondo

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Is your status automatically updated for future bookings once you attain a new level? I have about a half a dozen bookings coming up that I made earlier in the year when I was gold. I'm now platinum.

Not much information on the web, but I found something from 2015, to say you need to contact all the hotels separately before your stay... That sounds painful.. was hoping they might have updated their systems since then...

Any recent experience from the group?

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Is your status automatically updated for future bookings once you attain a new level? I have about a half a dozen bookings coming up that I made earlier in the year when I was gold. I'm now platinum.

Not much information on the web, but I found something from 2015, to say you need to contact all the hotels separately before your stay... That sounds painful.. was hoping they might have updated their systems since then...

Any recent experience from the group?
from my understanding is the hotel does a room allocation a few weeks/ days in advanced and the status appears then BUT I'm fairly new to Accor brand and how they treat elites

I would highly recommend emailing for your upcoming stays. I've had instances where my higher status tier wasn't recognised. Accor property emails are quite easy to find on the property information pages (unlike some other chains which seems to suppress it wherever possible)

Your membership number changes slightly when you change ALL status tiers so you should include your new number in the email.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back