Strategy to obtain US Amex

Was anyone able to get their first Chase Business card expedited to Aus? I have 2 Chase Personal cards and was approved for Ink Cash yesterday. Asked for card to be expedited and was transferred to fraud and verified successfully using questions and OTP text to Tello but they still won't expedite it overseas. Is this a case of HUACA or is it some kind of Chase rule for each category of Credit card that they must be sent to physical US address first?

Welcome!

I thought you could only get 1 Amex biz card per 90 days? You mentioned you applied within 3 weeks? Maybe I misunderstand the AMEX application rules
Amex is 1 card in 5 days and 2 cards in 90 days (doesn't mention difference for business) according to

Last edited:
Amex is 1 card in 5 days and 2 cards in 90 days (doesn't mention difference for business) according to

Sorry that's what I meant, 2 cards in 90 days so wondering how the OP got 2 cards in 3 weeks

Has anyone here sign up for a mobile postpaid plan while visiting USA? ( Especially with T Mobile or Verizon ) I know they are pretty expensive but it could solve the OTP / verification issues with some banks.

Has anyone here sign up for a mobile postpaid plan while visiting USA? ( Especially with T Mobile or Verizon ) I know they are pretty expensive but it could solve the OTP / verification issues with some banks.
I was looking into that and seeing what the cheapest options are - doesn't seem that cheap but doesn't seem anyway of being able to connect unless originally connect to network in US - so need to be stateside to make it happen

I was looking into that and seeing what the cheapest options are - doesn't seem that cheap but doesn't seem anyway of being able to connect unless originally connect to network in US - so need to be stateside to make it happen
I think you will need to pay for international roaming in order to make it work in Australia. That's what I have read from expat Americans on Reddit. ( They also prefer using prepaid options but they also face verification problens🤣 American banks suck if you are outside of USA)

I think you will need to pay for international roaming in order to make it work in Australia. That's what I have read from expat Americans on Reddit. ( They also prefer using prepaid options but they also face verification problens🤣 American banks suck if you are outside of USA)

So far, it is just Chase on call verification and it can be solved by answering a few questions instead. Maybe make your life a little easier with cap1 in some cases. Doesn't seem worth it to me. I still have $3 t-mobile prepaid and that was because of the amex credits during COVID giving me about 10 years. I still have $300 in t-mobile acc. 😂

Sure do - why not invest in 2FA using own banking apps and face ID or authentication apps - was reading Ultramobile can work via VPN on and get it setup outside of USA but no different to Tello and Tello is cheaper

So far, it is just Chase on call verification and it can be solved by answering a few questions instead. Maybe make your life a little easier with cap1 in some cases. Doesn't seem worth it to me. I still have $3 t-mobile prepaid and that was because of the amex credits during COVID giving me about 10 years 😂
10 years is amazing - You might have to keep that old phone - esim is new way of future and new iphones in US dont have a physical sim slot anymore

Welcome!

I thought you could only get 1 Amex biz card per 90 days? You mentioned you applied within 3 weeks? Maybe I misunderstand the AMEX application rules
Yeah I applied for the second within a few weeks. The first biz card they asked for ITIN letter and passport, the second was instant approval.

Sure do - why not invest in 2FA using own banking apps and face ID or authentication apps - was reading Ultramobile can work via VPN on and get it setup outside of USA but no different to Tello and Tello is cheaper
I agree. I mean, when I go overseas, I have no problems accessing my CBA, Macquarie, Westpac accounts etc.

So far, it is just Chase on call verification and it can be solved by answering a few questions instead. Maybe make your life a little easier with cap1 in some cases. Doesn't seem worth it to me. I still have $3 t-mobile prepaid and that was because of the amex credits during COVID giving me about 10 years. I still have $300 in t-mobile acc. 😂
Oh god, that's a lot of credit 🤣 With regards to Chase, what sort of questions do they ask?

Cap1 can be a pain with their verification/ fraud detection system if you are a new customer. But after 2 to 3 months, you will be ok.

Oh god, that's a lot of credit 🤣 With regards to Chase, what sort of questions do they ask?

Cap1 can be a pain with their verification/ fraud detection system if you are a new customer. But after 2 to 3 months, you will be ok.

The questions (multiple choices) are from public records, similar to when you signup for Equifax ie which one is your previous address, which bank did you sign up for a credit card in January this year, what month did you get a car loan etc If your credit file is new, you will pretty much answer "none of those". Cap1 has been good to me but not to P2 lol Still deciding if I should downgrade Venture X.

10 years is amazing - You might have to keep that old phone - esim is new way of future and new iphones in US dont have a physical sim slot anymore

I have already converted it to esim. For prepaid, you just need to call them. Took like 10 mins. Just have IMEI and EID ready. It's been a while so not sure if you can do it without calling now.

The questions (multiple choices) are from public records, similar to when you signup for Equifax ie which one is your previous address, which bank did you sign up for a credit card in January this year, what month did you get a car loan etc If your credit file is new, you will pretty much answer "none of those". Cap1 has been good to me but not to P2 lol Still deciding if I should downgrade Venture X.
Thanks for the helpful reply 👍 As for Venture X, if you are not using the benefits much, might as well downgrade and save $$.

Last edited:
With the Equifax I tried to setup online with ITIN
All the records are not related to me as it predates my start of history
I hit no to everything and it makes me call in
They say I need to send a copy of ITIN and proof of address
Will have to post that in
Hopefully my Amex bank statement is good enough proof of address

Thanks for the helpful reply 👍 As for Venture X, if you are not using the benefits much, might as well downgrade and save on $$.

I'm still half hearted. I like that I can use my Australian address for priority pass and get the physical card. I find digital one not that convenient at some places but I still have 6 other PP accounts 😂AUs are free and get their own PP as well. Then that $300 credit, I tried to book qantas domestic and and it was $40 more expensive for $200 flight. Hotels are more expensive as well so maybe I get about $250 value which makes it $145 ($95+$50) for 10,000 anniversary bonus points. Still not sure if it's a good card to have. This will be my 3rd renewal too and still not much change in benefits.

That happened to me maybe in 2020/21 and it went nowhere after faxing ITIN and ID. Then 2022, I signed up again with a new email (I did about 4 times 😂 ) and one or 2 questions applied to me and I got in.

Did you have to wait long for your call to be answered? And did you call during US business hours? I think calls outside of US business hours are handled by their Indian call centres.

I'm still half hearted. I like that I can use my Australian address for priority pass and get the physical card. I find digital one not that convenient at some places but I still have 6 other PP accounts 😂AUs are free and get their own PP as well. Then that $300 credit, I tried to book qantas domestic and and it was $40 more expensive for $200 flight. Hotels are more expensive as well so maybe I get about $250 value which makes it $145 ($95+$50) for 10,000 anniversary bonus points. Still not sure if it's a good card to have. This will be my 3rd renewal too and still not much change in benefits.

That happened to me maybe in 2020/21 and it went nowhere after faxing ITIN and ID. Then 2022, I signed up again with a new email (I did about 4 times 😂 ) and one or 2 questions applied to me and I got in.
I got locked out of my Equifax account😅 Still deciding if i should bother calling them up. Don't know why ITIN holders can't check their credit reports and scores easily like the SSN folks.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back