SYD Meetup - November 2024

EOI: What Day for a SYD meetup in November 2024?

• Total voters
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Oneworld
Emerald
During last weekend's AFF Gathering #17, it came up in discussion that there isn't often much in the way of meetups in SYD (as opposed to the regular get-togethers that we see in some other locations). Looking back through the recent history of meetings & social events, it seems like there have only been 2 or 3 meetups dating back to 2022! 😲

So... is anyone else interested in helping to remedy this situation via a November meetup for dinner? I've set up a poll to take votes on potential dates, but if you want to propose any others, please vote and comment accordingly. Happy to take suggestions for a venue.

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the initiative @DejaBrew! Yes, Sydney is definitely overdue for an AFF meetup. :)

I'm keen to attend if I can make the date work. I won't be able to do the middle week of November (11th-17th).

I'll adjust the poll Might need some assistance please from the mod team to help change November 1st to November 2nd as that particular Saturday seems to be workable for some folks (per the earlier comments). FYI @Ade in case that changes your availability?

I'm in SYD for a wedding on 8 November and may be able to meet for dinner on 7 November

I'll adjust the poll Might need some assistance please from the mod team to help change November 1st to November 2nd as that particular Saturday seems to be workable for some folks (per the earlier comments). FYI @Ade in case that changes your availability?

We changed this for you

Ooohhh. 02 Nov may not work for me. I'm supposed to be doing a shift at CBR ... It is kinda non-changable because of access issues/controls etc. :( Let me talk to my manager and see if someone else can cover for me on 02Nov.

Have cast my votes, unfortunately not available on the 2nd as I have a wedding but I am keen most of the other times. Happy to bring wine(s) if people would like.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back