King Charles Visit 2024

Does anybody know who HM flew with from London to Singapore? Media reports said it was a commercial flight and with the time of day they departed SIN on the RAAF flight it seemed only SQ could connect to it without lengthy transits.

The Queen had travelled ahead of the King, presumably also commercial. They met up in SIN for the last leg.

Have you checked the Court Circulars? I find they contain considerable details.

Before Singapore, the King flew separately from the Queen, who headed first to the Soukya health centre (near Bangalore, India).

The King enjoys flying, whereas the Queen doesn't embrace the concept of long-distance flying. I did hear the King flew first, and I would have expected BA to be the commercial airline of choice for the UK government, but I am not aware of what airline it was.

My hopes of Camilla joining AFF continue to fade.

Does anybody know who HM flew with from London to Singapore? Media reports said it was a commercial flight and with the time of day they departed SIN on the RAAF flight it seemed only SQ could connect to it without lengthy transits.

The Queen had travelled ahead of the King, presumably also commercial. They met up in SIN for the last leg.

They've actually done very well to keep the details hidden.

I wouldn't rule out that he flew in the night before on BA, considering Camilla was already in SIN. This stuff would be kept super secret for obvious reasons.

I refuse to believe he flew SQ and nobody snapped a photo! I think BA are much more used to keeping his privacy.

[Media reports fewer than 100 "fans" turned out to see the Royals in Canberra today. News article tried to blame the heat LOL it was only 23C barely warm, certainly not hot.

Given the low level of interest they should reverse the road closures in Sydney tomorrow and restore the usual evening parking prices so Sydneysiders can have a normal commute and enjoy their city.

Looks like those reports were fake news.

Video in this report clearly shows a decent turnout, especially for Canberra.

I wouldn't rule out that he flew in the night before on BA, considering Camilla was already in SIN. This stuff would be kept super secret for obvious reasons.

I refuse to believe he flew SQ and nobody snapped a photo! I think BA are much more used to keeping his privacy.
I believe that BA had a custom fit out that they can swap in place of F?

Meanwhile the Foreign Secretary used the UK VIP A321 to go to Beijing. Don’t know where the RAF Voyager that is used for VIP transport was?

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

I thought that Expert Flyer might have been of assistance in working this out, but...
  1. The date selector doesn't go back that far, and
  2. Unless I'm doing something wrong, I can't seem to bring up any seat maps for BA flights from LHR>SIN
To your point, the news about the flight on which he arrived into SIN is seemingly non-existent and there's next to no news about him actually being in SIN.

I believe that BA had a custom fit out that they can swap in place of F?
Interesting... is this something they can readily swap in/out of F on a given BA commercial aircraft (presumably of a certain model)?

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back