King Charles Visit 2024

Well we just returned from an outing to Sculptures by the Sea via ferry from Circular Quay and couldn't work out why there were thousands of people lined up from the Opera house and snaking around the harbour/quay area for well over a km at 3pm. A quick google informed us they were waiting patiently in the sun for KC and QC who were scheduled to appear on the Opera house forecourt. So it seems there is no lack of interest in the monarchy in Sydney at any rate.
There was certainly more than a few hundred outside parliament building in Canberra.

The RF has german relatives
They're of German origin aren't they? House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha? (No not Gozer!)
Also Bentley is German.
Obviously us Aussies were trying to make him feel welcome & at home!

But seriously, I now have a bone to pick.
Military aircraft just flew overhead here, it's not happened before so must be related to the royal visit ... I saw the 6 Blackhawks (did they get a rename? These ones were painted grey), but something else military & fixed-wing flew overhead but they SPECIFICALLY hid it behind the big gum-tree across the road so I couldn't see it!!!
IT'S NOT FAIR TO FLY FIGHTERS OVER MY HOUSE THEN HIDE THEM BEHIND TREES!!

They're of German origin aren't they? House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha? (No not Gozer!)
Also Bentley is German.
Obviously us Aussies were trying to make him feel welcome & at home!

But seriously, I now have a bone to pick.
Military aircraft just flew overhead here, it's not happened before so must be related to the royal visit ... I saw the 6 Blackhawks (did they get a rename? These ones were painted grey), but something else military & fixed-wing flew overhead but they SPECIFICALLY hid it behind the big gum-tree across the road so I couldn't see it!!!
IT'S NOT FAIR TO FLY FIGHTERS OVER MY HOUSE THEN HIDE THEM BEHIND TREES!!
You’d know if it was a F35. They’re loud…

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back