King Charles Visit 2024

I'm sure you will manage to get to the theatre. How was your brunch?

:rolleyes:

Brunch postponed, 2 of my friends live in North Sydney and the circus made it too hard for them to get out of their street. Lots of the locals were annoyed, Charlie isn't winning any fans.

And not looking good for Tuesday given the royal circus will be at SOH from 4:20pm that way too close to the theatre for my liking.

Last edited:
Random and pointless fact King Charles is one of only 3 people who don't actually need a passport to travel

I suspect that the British sovereign would still require a passport to travel to non-Commonwealth countries and countries that aren't friendly with the UK.

For citizens that may be the case but thousands of active military can travel with just id and a copy of formal orders.

I'm surprised to learn active military aren't considered citizens. Are they considered citizens when not on active duty?

He is the King of Australia and the aircraft is part of His Majesty's Royal Australian Airforce. What's the problem with it being used to transport His Majesty?

Welcome to AFF, ChrisKenny. It'll be interesting to see how long your avatar lasts in these parts.

Brunch postponed, 2 of my friends live in North Sydney and the circus made it too hard for them to get out of their street. Lots of the locals were annoyed, Charlie isn't winning any fans.

And not looking good for Tuesday given the royal circus will be at SOH from 4:20pm that way too close to the theatre for my liking.
He's won plenty of fans don't worry . Your North Sydney friends will survive one minor inconvenience this morning I'm sure.

I suspect that the British sovereign would still require a passport to travel to non-Commonwealth countries and countries that aren't friendly with the UK.

I'm surprised to learn active military aren't considered citizens. Are they considered citizens when not on active duty?

Welcome to AFF, ChrisKenny. It'll be interesting to see how long your avatar lasts in these parts.
sons friend was in the Australian Protective Services. He never carried his passport nor any identity on duty in other countries. And he visited many war torn zones on active service. He was based in Dubai.

Definitely the King strikes me as a greenie decades before it became popular and his mother following the the traditions of her forebears.

Often referred to over the decades as crazy Charlie for things which many now realise were insightful about restoring land, minimising impact, self sustaining, et al.
Ah I love it when billionaires are greenies. If they paid proper taxes it would set a better example than using running their Austin Martins on left over cheese and white wine from their tables.

Ah I love it when billionaires are greenies. If they paid proper taxes it would set a better example than using running their Austin Martins on left over cheese and white wine from their tables.
Chicka probably does pay his taxes, ‘cos he knows he gets paid from taxes again so he’s just paying himself …

No the real “issues” with his “greenness” has been that a helluva lot of what he’s said people should do over the years requires those people to have his resources. For example owning a couple of wineries to make enough wine to run said Aston Martins off the wine.

He's won plenty of fans don't worry . Your North Sydney friends will survive one minor inconvenience this morning I'm sure.
LOL only those who were already predisposed to wanting to be subservient to someone who does not hold rank because of any skill or hard work or vote from citizens but solely because they happen to be lucky to be born to the right parents.

Chuck's presence is nothing but an inconvenience and waste of taxes which I would prefer be spent looking after Australians not entertaining wealthy foreigners. The sooner they leave the better.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back