Sydney lounge - I’m upset

It’s never occurred to me to check-in at a lounge rather than on-line. Is there an advantage in that?

Whilst the lounge dragon was unhelpful, it was an entirely avoidable situation.
I feel like the point is being missed here. I stated quite clearly in the original post that it was an avoidable situation and my fault. However, I paid full fare for a J ticket. Not points, not an upgrade. I can arrive at the airport late and be put onto the next flight; that’s fine. My contention is that as a passenger choosing to pay for the highest class of ticket with all the corollary benefits I should not be deliberately treated like a mug by someone who is in a position to directly help me. Service with a smile always trumps being glum and taciturn. I guess I’ll just vote with my feet and go back to T3.
Post automatically merged:

I'm more impressed that you were late, managed to park the car - go through security, into the lounge - back out, and through security again - and still make your flight.

Well done.

But, I would strongly consider familiarizing yourself with online check-in in order to prevent scenarios such as this.
Thank you :) it was a Herculean effort if I do say so myself. Thankfully I had a T-shirt in my little dilly bag to mop the perspiration off when I took my seat.

It’s never occurred to me to check-in at a lounge rather than on-line. Is there an advantage in that.
I dunno. It’s just something I’ve always done. The QANTAS lounge queens also have supernatural abilities and often will bump you up if you ask them if J is full and you’re on full flex.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

But checking in online as a form of security doesn't then prevent you from making requests of the lounge dragons given you didnt have checked luggage. Seems like an unnecessary risk to me.

IME flying forward in J on QF at least can be difficult given any unsold seats have usually been processed as points upgrades well ahead of any weather delays etc. Doing so in whY usually accommodated no issue (except maybe having to sit further towards the back).

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

Back