The view from my "office"

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Incredibly smoky here in Perth at the moment. All doors and windows shut and when you go outside it is really unpleasant. Apparently due to prescribed burns combined with a day that has turned very still. The photo has not been edited.

View attachment 410876

Not where I am in a northern coastal suburb. Now as the sun is setting, I can see some smoke on the western horizon, making for a very red sunset. Prescribed burns can be very disturbing for people with breathing difficulties. I am often amazed the amount of smoke up here when up there are fires way down in the southwest!

Not where I am in a northern coastal suburb. Now as the sun is setting, I can see some smoke on the western horizon, making for a very red sunset. Prescribed burns can be very disturbing for people with breathing difficulties. I am often amazed the amount of smoke up here when up there are fires way down in the southwest!

It's not too bad in the western suburbs. Seems further east is more impacted.

1728470212603.png

I'm not so sure about these prescribed burns. Every year this time of year is ruined by days of smoke affecting two million people. Really don't see that this is a good thing.

It's not too bad in the western suburbs. Seems further east is more impacted.

View attachment 410884

I'm not so sure about these prescribed burns. Every year this time of year is ruined by days of smoke affecting two million people. Really don't see that this is a good thing.
Because of this fire in WA a Royal commission recommended prescribed burns.

And this shows that they work. The more precribed burns in green the less bushfires in red.
1728475968879.jpeg

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back