The view from my "office"

An American Halloween morning. Pumpkin carving in Double Bay. Our son’s SIL is American.
View attachment 412723
My (and probably everyone’s) local Coles in Bondi Junction has huge mounds of pumpkins - totally out of season. I can only presume they’re flying them in from the northern hemisphere?

The local party shop and Kmart were doing a roaring trade in costumes…!

My (and probably everyone’s) local Coles in Bondi Junction has huge mounds of pumpkins - totally out of season. I can only presume they’re flying them in from the northern hemisphere?

The local party shop and Kmart were doing a roaring trade in costumes…!
I'm going to be the grinch and worry about the amount of plastic this produces that will probably get thrown out next week. Local neighbourhood are advising to keep an eye out for birds caught in the white stuff that is hanging around

The temporary London office has now moved to Hong Kong on the final stopover of our trip

First up the flight on AY. I read reviews are mixed on the J seat but I found it really good. Great width and really comfortable. The menu is for the Hong Kong leg.
Was this HEL-HKG without reindeer on the menu? One of the few airline meals I remember.

I'm going to be the grinch and worry about the amount of plastic this produces that will probably get thrown out next week. Local neighbourhood are advising to keep an eye out for birds caught in the white stuff that is hanging around
Yep!

Totally OT, but I don’t get the exponential surge. As someone whose birthday is around Halloween - I’ve never liked the competition!

This year I’ll be in the air for some of it (hopefully upgraded - looking at you QF!).

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back