Virgin Flyer Card - now 75k introductory points

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSP

Established Member
Link is Apply Now | Virgin Money Australia

Similar to the previous offer of 60k points (or 3 * 20k points), but now 75k points (or 3 * 25k points).

Key features are:
  1. $129 Virgin voucher.
  2. 25k VFF points per month for first 3 months when spending $1500 each month (there are some exclusions.
  3. $64 fee for first year (doubles after that).
  4. Not so good conversion rate of 0.66 VFF points per dollar for first $1500 per month then 0.5 VFF points there after.
Only just got this a month ago when they were offering the 60k (2nd time around). Drat, wish I knew the 75k was around the corner.

How does the voucher work? Can it be transferred/sold to another person?

How does the voucher work? Can it be transferred/sold to another person?
Yes that you can transfer the $129 voucher. From what Ive read, its as simple as forwarding the voucher code to someone else to use when they make their own booking and they enter the code.

I have one now that Im trying to get rid of but the Free forum/threads have been moved to something stupid so its much harder to give stuff away now (yes, Im still whining about this).

Dammit, I applied for the Westpac card yesterday ($50 / 60,000 QFF points).
I do currently hold this one, and was planning on cancelling it and applying for the high flyer next. Wonder if I can do that in a month??

I do currently hold this one, and was planning on cancelling it and applying for the high flyer next. Wonder if I can do that in a month??
Unlikely.

Unlikely.

Yeah, probably agree. Just checked my records- last year (May) I flipped it in 3 weeks, but suspect we're in a different environment now.
And, I'll probably struggle with the minimum spend. Fingers crossed they extend the offer!

This looks a great deal for anyone chasing Velocity points. Not to keep but churn. $129 voucher more than compensates the cut price annual fee and 75,000 points thrown in as well. My wife has had this card before and a word of advice - Virgin Money (i.e. citi) are very strict on what constitutes eligible spend, especially around government and what they call "semi-government entities". I wouldn't be paying any bills on it though...

Looks like a great offer. Pity, I’ve never been able to get a Citibank backed card. Once declined, always declined, in my experience. Think they have me pegged as a churned!

You would have to wait at least 6 months in my experience. I closed this card down in June I think it was last year and applied again for it in September - it was the only declination I've every had, then applied again in Feb this year and no problem.

When I rang up to ask what the flunk was for, they (as expected) wouldn't tell me, but subtely mentioned as if "thinking out loud", hmmm, you had one of these cards only 4 )or whatever it was) months ago.

You would have to wait at least 6 months in my experience. I closed this card down in June I think it was last year and applied again for it in September - it was the only declination I've every had, then applied again in Feb this year and no problem.

When I rang up to ask what the flunk was for, they (as expected) wouldn't tell me, but subtely mentioned as if "thinking out loud", hmmm, you had one of these cards only 4 )or whatever it was) months ago.

Sure that wasn’t Qantas premier? That was my experience with them.
Virgin have been more open to changing (admittedly I’ve always alternated between the regular & the high flyer)

No definitely Virgin. I've held the Qantas premier the whole time. Only applied once for that and was approved (last year) and still have it.

Sure that wasn’t Qantas premier? That was my experience with them.
Virgin have been more open to changing (admittedly I’ve always alternated between the regular & the high flyer)

They are both Citi backed.

Is there a cut off date to apply for this card ?
This is normally stated in the terms of the offer.

If you follow the provided link you'll see the following:

'75,000 bonus Velocity Points offer is available to new approved Virgin Australia Velocity Flyer Card account holders who apply by 30 April 2019.'

Does anyone know how the months are calculated for minimum spend, I can't spot this in the T&C's.
I was approved yesterday, is that then $1,500 each calendar month - so rest of April, then May then June, or is it 28 days from approval for each "month".
I'm assuming that overspending in 1st month wont count towards subsequent months, but if anyone has a different experience please let me know.

Does anyone know how the months are calculated for minimum spend, I can't spot this in the T&C's.
I was approved yesterday, is that then $1,500 each calendar month - so rest of April, then May then June, or is it 28 days from approval for each "month".
I'm assuming that overspending in 1st month wont count towards subsequent months, but if anyone has a different experience please let me know.

My experience is that it is statement month (rather than Calendar month) which makes sense.

From the main credit card page: "Get 25,000 bonus Points for every month $1,500 or more is spent on Eligible Transactions for the first 3 months from card approval". So start counting from approval date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back