Wendouree allocations and general discussion

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

For those that can recall, how long between writing a request to be put on the mailing list and receiving a response?
I went through this process recently. A handwritten letter was sent November '23 and I received a response back July '24. I've read a few different scenarios of when you might expect a response, though you should expect a response no sooner then the next vintage release in 2025.

Then from receiving your letter back, it could be a number of years until you receive an order form.

An interesting development from my first Wendouree allocation.

My wife is not a red wine drinker at all. We were having a couple of drinks after dinner a few weeks ago with her parents, and I brought out a bottle of Wendouree Muscat of Alexandria to sample. Whilst myself and father-in-law are big fans of the Rutherglen variety in particular, this was quite different yet we still enjoyed it. My wife on the other hand, took quite a liking to the lighter Wendouree version, to the point that the lone bottle I purchased now has only her name on it!! I'm happy to oblige if that means she leaves the red alone.

So, a call out to any Melbourne purchasers who were in receipt of 6 or more Muscat in recent months and are keen to offload a couple at cost+, I'd certainly be interested and happy to collect. Would be nice to keep the boss happy until next year where I am sure I will be ordering more than than single!!

So, a call out to any Melbourne purchasers who were in receipt of 6 or more Muscat in recent months and are keen to offload a couple at cost+, I'd certainly be interested and happy to collect. Would be nice to keep the boss happy until next year where I am sure I will be ordering more than than single!!
I'd encourage you to go back to Wendouree directly. I can't remember a time when they have ever sold out of the muscat. It's never been very popular.

I'd encourage you to go back to Wendouree directly. I can't remember a time when they have ever sold out of the muscat. It's never been very popular.

I've never had my order fulfilled and always have included 3 bottles of the Muscat. So if you're not selling out of it, that seems like an incredibly odd business practice.

I really don't understand their system then. I ordered three bottles of the Muscat (amongst other wines) and received the rejection letter. Go figure.
They probably couldn't fulfil the bulk of your order so figured you would not want to receive just Muscat? Or I just got lucky by telling them my wife loved it and I should've ordered more? Who knows.....

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back