Where Does One Buy Qatar Money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato1

Established Member
I always like to have about $200 worth of a country's currency when I land there.

But I can't find anyone selling Qatar money in Australia.
A Google search says Travelex have it, but it's not an option I can click on when I go to their site. And I couldn't get the money from Westpac or Australia Post who it transpires now use Travelex, and Amex no longer sell currency.

Any idea?
Or do I have to hunt around Doha airport for an ATM on arrival?
Regards,
Renato

I have some, but when do you fly? I'm a banknote collector of the numismatist kind and i often "gamble" that i will get new notes (Uncirculated (UNC), the only one to collect!!!!) and i had a few dabbles at the ATM's in Doha. So i have some Qatar riyal that needs "re-changing", just don't tell the wife!!!!!

I have some, but when do you fly? I'm a banknote collector of the numismatist kind and i often "gamble" that i will get new notes (Uncirculated (UNC), the only one to collect!!!!) and i had a few dabbles at the ATM's in Doha. So i have some Qatar riyal that needs "re-changing", just don't tell the wife!!!!!

I assume you are replying to Renato1. But just in case you meant me - no thanks ATM is fine. We will only be there for 2 days and will be happy to use our card on arrival.

This will probably draw a cry of anguish from you then. Don't worry, mostly used notes, but always the crispest I get on a visit to a country. I have 2 more boards ready to put up. :rolleyes:

523B9CA3-A797-4509-8F54-847E1A65F9E7.jpeg

Are you going to open a pub!!!!! (joking) A nice way to put them and bring back memories. I've been to two pubs where a note on the wall has been quite rare and in one case before the publican had stuck it up there with sticky tape and drawing pins was worth over $1,000. With the "adornments" you cut the value in half. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and i tell my father if only he knew some of the notes he came across in his early days of travelling would be worth so much now, he could of had a great retirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and enjoy a better viewing experience, as well as full participation on our community forums.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to enjoy lots of other benefits and discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back