5,000 bonus points each on up to 3 international Qantas Hotels bookings (book by 5/8/24)

Update, I got through on the phone because someone in Qantas Holidays transfered me to Qantas Hotels. They said they would contact Expedia and ask for a full refund. I don;t know if I can fight to get the 5000 bonus points. I should have just booked cheapie hotels in Indonesia like everyone else

Update, I got through on the phone because someone in Qantas Holidays transfered me to Qantas Hotels. They said they would contact Expedia and ask for a full refund. I don;t know if I can fight to get the 5000 bonus points. I should have just booked cheapie hotels in Indonesia like everyone else
Surely you can get some compensation from them for needing to book a replacement hotel at a moment’s notice? Bugger the 5000 points (on their own) - I’d be expecting zero quibbles from them for that and more compensation for that sort of a screw up!

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Surely you can get some compensation from them for needing to book a replacement hotel at a moment’s notice? Bugger the 5000 points (on their own) - I’d be expecting zero quibbles from them for that and more compensation for that sort of a screw up!
Not to mention having no customer support because it was not during Aussie business hours! They need 24 hour customer service. This all happened around 16:00 in Chile time, I was desperate to find something in my budget before dark. My travel insurance excess would negate the clam so not worth it.

I booked 3 hotels in Chile meeting the minimum$100 criteria. The first 2 went off fine. Today I reached the last hotel, and found 2 ladies who appeared to be living at the address. The hot el sign is down and no signs of any hotel functions, seems like a house. Through Google Translate they told me that it has not been a hotel for 2 years, the new owner is from Colombia. They said I had been scammed. But this hotel is STILL being sold on Qantas hotels, Expedia and others. I was able to cancel and get half the money back but of course I want a full refund since I had to find another hotel to stay at. Plus I am also out 5000 points which was the whole reason to book it. I am having trouble calling Qantas Hotels, no one knows what to do. I can't figure out how to email or chat them. Any ideas?

I’ve had this with Expedia in the past. Arrived at a hotel in Macedonia and they promptly said “we haven’t dealt with Expedia for years”.

Ironically the replacement hotel I found with help from a kind local was cheaper and in a better location. I wouldn't have looked twice at the defunct one if not for this promo.

I have had to reschedule my hotels - pushing the dates out by a week. Will the bonus 5000 points still be honored since the booking was created within the validity period?

I have had to reschedule my hotels - pushing the dates out by a week. Will the bonus 5000 points still be honored since the booking was created within the validity period?
I doubt anyone here can answer definitively unless they have made similar date change themselves.

However, I note that the Qantas Hotels bookings have an associated "PNR" style booking reference that begins with QA followed by a seven characters. This booking reference is on the Qantas Hotels Booking Confirmation email you will have received when making the booking.

If your booking change resulted in a new Booking Confirmation reference, then I would suggest it may not quality. But if the Booking Confirmation reference has remained the same, then it is more likely you will still qualify.

But I make no claim to knowledge of how the QF back-end system is going to interpret your circumstance.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back