All Roads (High & Rough) Lead to Ladakh-Another Indian Adventure

SQ 401 DEL-SIN (787-1) 12A & 15A & SQ 221SIN-SYD 92A & 93A (A380-800) Breakfast on first flight & dinner & refreshment on the SYD flight.

Priority boarding was well organised on both flights. We thought the storage around the seat on the 787 was very ordinary - no spots to put things. I had no phone so I didn’t try the wi-fi but Mrs RB didn't have any luck trying to connect. The seatbelt sign was on for a long time on 2nd half of the 1st flight. It was a fairly short walk to the lounge in Singapore. Lounge was okay to grab some light food but pretty full in the time we were there with a wait for showers if you wanted one. The gate check was the normal chaotic affair with many people skirting the definition of carry - on/personal items. The 380 was the version with no overheads over the centre seats - the bins that exist are big though. We tried seats back in the business cabin but don’t see any advantage of that. The food on both sectors was fine, the bubbles were good & the single malt was poured in generous proportions. Managed to grab some sleep on both flights.

1729983381030.jpeg

1729983401596.jpeg

1729983426582.jpeg

1729983443714.jpeg

1729983461063.jpeg

ZL6362 SYD-PQQ
Our last return to Port Macquarie from Sydney was earlier this year was on the XPT & we were both determined not to repeat that experience. Choices are Qantas & Rex - neither offer bargains these days. Rex won out with a flight that gave us a window of just under 4hrs between our arrival from Singapore & the Port Macquarie departure.
As luck would have it, we were in the domestic airport within an hour of landing. The digital arrivals worked fine, our bags were in the first hundred & customs were not particularly interested in looking at wooden Indian made doll we had purchased as a gift. Convenience won out & we used the train between terminals. There was no wait to use a manned check-in counter at Rex.
We then killed time just outside the Rex Lounge until boarding was called on time. It was a short bus ride for us and 16 others to the far corner where our plane waited. A no thrills, short flight & we landed at PQQ on time. Bags were out quickly & we were soon home. The finish to another great adventure.

Thanks for such a comprehensive TR - some of those photos of India were of things I had never seen before.

Thanks for such a comprehensive TR - some of those photos of India were of things I had never seen before.
Thanks. It was a great holiday and for me, around Leh was certainly something special.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back