Annual NZ Dinner: AKL 8 March 2025

Just booked MEL-AKL-MEL 7th and 9th March.

$443 with TAKEOFF100 sale (Enter code at bottom of payment page) - Amex is giving another $100 off as a promotion on our QBR card for spending $500 - I see wine in my future for the remaining $57 ....

Now for accommodation ...

Last edited:

Offer limited to the first 620 eligible bookings. Discount is valid on return flights only
flying from anywhere in Australia, then direct from Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane

so I best hunt around for something in the next 24 hours....

decisions decisions
points spend would be 36.000 plus $339
revenue spend is $616 (assuming the $100 orf applies)
thats a pretty average use of tat many points

mind you, can barely fly to Brisvegas and back for that price!?!

Last edited:
Now for accommodation ...
Eeek! What's going on in Auckland that weekend? Voco booked out 7th and 8th.

For now have a booking at Hilton (50K points rather than $700+). May have to consider shared / backpacker accommodation for ~$120!

Last edited:
Eeek! What's going on in Auckland that weekend? Voco booked out 7th and 8th.

For now have a booking at Hilton (50K points rather than $700+). May have to consider shared accommodation for ~$120!

Tell me about it. I have three nights, as am catching the HBA-AKL direct. I'm going to get out of town for 2 of those days. New Plymouth looks nice.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Friday 7/3
QF678 ADL - Mel arrive 11.20am
QF155 (so ‘hopefully’ can be guested into F lounge please)

Tuesday 11/3
A convoluted meander home
QF5595 JQ229 Auckland to Christchurch (QF codeshare on JQ)
6 hour layover so aiming to taxi into the CBD)
Then QF134 Brisbane
Then QF 1939 Adelaide

Sounds like quite the party indeed.

I have started a table with travel and hotel arrangements on the first page. Don’t worry if your details aren’t in it yet, I am working my way through the posts.

Of course you don’t need to share your travel/accommodation arrangements if you don’t want to.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back