Bankwest Transaction account [General Discussion]

I love this account so much, haha.

So far it has funded:
1) New hair straighter for the fiance. One of those high end ones.
2) A candle (? No idea why she bought this).
3) 3 Economy Flights.
4) 4 Business Flights.
5) 2 Fitbit HRs
6) 4 gold class tickets.
Still 275,000 points left :)

For the 10000 points it says you have to deposit $2000 per month for 6 months. Does this mean
- the $2000 must stay in there the whole time?
- the closing balance at the end of the month needs to be $2000 i.e. can you deposit it on the 30th and withdraw it on the 1st
I've tried looking through this thread but we are up to 56 pages :)

For the 10000 points it says you have to deposit $2000 per month for 6 months. Does this mean
- the $2000 must stay in there the whole time?
- the closing balance at the end of the month needs to be $2000 i.e. can you deposit it on the 30th and withdraw it on the 1st
I've tried looking through this thread but we are up to 56 pages :)

Just deposit and withdraw and you'll be fine.

Is paying off a cc a problem ? Has anyone tried this? Seems to give points

Oh that's a great idea!!! Would using BPAY to pay another bank CRedit card bill satisfy they $500 per month requirement for the 10000 points in first 6 months?

I am attempting to pay my optus using imacro. However when I tried to play the script. I kept getting this error.

RuntimeError: element INPUT specified by ID:ctrlB1623DC06351581809BC8ECE607315197EDA75C6466FD0B3C80C93AA2B62F3CC was not found, line: 6

Can anyone be kind enough to give me a hand??

Thanks

Just checked out my first eStatement.
Statement period is not over a perfect calendar month (that's fine), but I only received 5 QF points on transactions.
However, in this statement I probably have about 6 days (3rd Feb until 8th Feb) of 50x $0.01 transactions.
Is this normal or is something happening..?

Just checked out my first eStatement.
Statement period is not over a perfect calendar month (that's fine), but I only received 5 QF points on transactions.
However, in this statement I probably have about 6 days (3rd Feb until 8th Feb) of 50x $0.01 transactions.
Is this normal or is something happening..?

You get statements every 2nd or 3rd day.

Ignore all of them, until the 1st statement in each future month.

As the 1st statement issued each month will show all points earnt from the previous month.

You get statements every 2nd or 3rd day.

Ignore all of them, until the 1st statement in each future month.

As the 1st statement issued each month will show all points earnt from the previous month.

Haha thank god! Thanks! Was freaking out. Doesn't seem like the "standard" way of doing things, given that with other accounts the statement shows the points earnt in the current statement. Will keep doing this then :)

Pay a monthly fee of $6 ($72 per year), or deposit $2000+ eqch month and save $72 each year.

Oh sorry, yes, that makes sense. Thanks mate
I want to get the 10000 points though and I think to do this I must do those deposits

Oh damn wow. Origin Energy have changed their system. Can no longer do $0.01 payments. Doesn't allow you to click "Pay Now" unless the amount is >$1.00.. Need to look for something new now.

From memory of reading this topic, the following are options:
- Telstra (Post-paid only)
- Energy Australia? (friend with EA for gas says minimum is $1?)
- Optus (some time limitations - does prepaid count?)
- Virgin Mobile (can anyone confirm? Haven't seen a mention of them in a while. Prepaid and Postpaid?)
- Dodo (every 5 minutes? According to http://www.australianfrequentflyer....general-discussion-59199-213.html#post1380553)

Last edited:
Haha thank god! Thanks! Was freaking out. Doesn't seem like the "standard" way of doing things, given that with other accounts the statement shows the points earnt in the current statement. Will keep doing this then :)
Not sure of the definition of standard, if you compare to interest for example, if you get multiple statements per month you wouldn't see interest is "accrued" (and I assure you their systems do actually do this), you only see once it is credited to the account, this is somewhat similar, the statement on which you do see the points broadly aligns with when it credited (noting some slight delays between Bankwest generating the file of credits and Qantas actually applying).

The difference here is essentially the fact we are doing so many transactions we are getting multiple statements per month, vs a normal credit card bill which we only get once a month and hence yes, the two do align because there is only one statement it could appear on.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back