Cash or Card? Countries where you still need cash.

Just been caught out in a pub in Bavaria. Cash only.
Luckily, I had a few Euros in my manbag.
Mentioned recently up thread that parts of Germany still love cash - especially bars.

Just been caught out in a pub in Bavaria. Cash only.
Luckily, I had a few Euros in my manbag.
Yeah, the Germans and their data protection, which is why there is no Google street view for Germany, and they still like to use cash.
I made this mistake last year. Thought I would just land at ICN and withdraw cash from the ATM like I do in most other countries.

However, it was a late night arrival and by the time I was through immigration, it was close to 11pm.
You won't be able to by Namane card either as their self service kiosks would be closed at that time, but you could book the express train to Seoul directly on Airport Railroad web site, so this would have gotten you into Seoul. This is more expensive than the all stop train and light rail, but it will take you into the city.

We have an evening arrival into ICN, our plan was to take a taxi, do Korean taxis take card? I really dont want to have to get any cash. If taxis need cash then I will pre-book a transfer online.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

Back