Dan Murphy's and Other Wine Deals

There's no reason a company needs your phone number, except for marketing. Couriers don't use them, companies can email you for order issues. Either don't provide it, or provide a fake one.
often when signing up it's a required field - now I think I'll just put a phone number of the vendor

but that is 5 long days away...
I'm sure the 2021 Yeoman will be sold out by then on the wine collective... (feign sarcasm)
So curiously got better of me and given lamb shanks for dinner, I popped 2019 Yeoman.

Comparing to 2018, the bottle is smaller and lighter and also both cork and foil (no wax/plastic enclosure) prominently feature “Bec Hardy”.

It’s ok, not as bad as 2019 Tipsy Hill, but 2018 Yeoman was definitely better to my taste.

Maybe it will improve with age, however it is a bit lean and thinner than 2018 that was definitely more luscious.

PS Did get better with time.

Attachments

• IMG_8919.jpeg
    IMG_8919.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_8921.jpeg
    IMG_8921.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Looks like the Schild Estate Shiraz is getting even cheaper,

So curiously got better of me and given lamb shanks for dinner, I pooped 2019 Yeoman.

Comparing to 2018, the bottle is smaller and lighter and also both cork and foil (no wax/plastic enclosure) prominently feature “Bec Hardy”.

It’s ok, not as bad as 2019 Tipsy Hill, but 2018 Yeoman was definitely better to my taste.

Maybe it will improve with age, however it is a bit lean and thinner than 2018 that was definitely more luscious.

Heh. Pooped.

The 2021 is in the same packaging as the 2019 you show.
I have similar comments on the wine compared to the lush 2018, leaner, less fruit weight, chunkier tannin and acid poking out a little. Possibly made with a view to longer ageing capability, but the heft and balance not in the same league as the 2018.

Last edited:
Looks like the Schild Estate Shiraz is getting even cheaper,

That's about $7/bottle for "new" customers.

This Cellar One offer actually looks like quite decent value and includes free delivery (haven't checked vintage-rated reviews yet):

Valued at $328.98 now available to you for only $149 the Sensational St Hallett Shiraz Mixed 6 Pack includes the following bottles:

1 x St Hallett Old Block Shiraz 2018

1 x St Hallett Blackwell Shiraz 2020

2 x St Hallett Butcher's Cart Shiraz 2022

2 x St Hallett Black Clay Shiraz 2022

DM has the 2018 Old Block for $149.99 at the moment delivery-only showing for me.

This Cellar One offer actually looks like quite decent value and includes free delivery (haven't checked vintage-rated reviews yet):

Valued at $328.98 now available to you for only $149 the Sensational St Hallett Shiraz Mixed 6 Pack includes the following bottles:

1 x St Hallett Old Block Shiraz 2018

1 x St Hallett Blackwell Shiraz 2020

2 x St Hallett Butcher's Cart Shiraz 2022

2 x St Hallett Black Clay Shiraz 2022

DM has the 2018 Old Block for $149.99 at the moment delivery-only showing for me.

The offer has been there a while.
Old Block 2018 is $77pb in a 3-pack, Blackwell 2020 $33 in a 6-pack, so you are getting the extra four bottles for $39 vs $66 at 6-pack prices.

So curiously got better of me and given lamb shanks for dinner, I popped 2019 Yeoman.

So opened another 2019 McLaren Vale that was purchased for about $17 during the Langtons Staff sale. So much better than the Yeoman 2019.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 110
So opened another 2019 McLaren Vale that was purchased for about $17 during the Langtons Staff sale. So much better than the Yeoman 2019.
Ah yes, that is indeed a ripper wine and was a dead set bargain, I bought heaps (well 18), shared some with friends, have some remaining to enjoy over the next few years.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

Back