JAL 777-300ER back on Sydney route

For anyone with upcoming JAL F flights.

In a couple of months I'll be flying JAL in First to HND, transiting in Haneda and then taking another JAL flight in Premium Economy (assuming I can't snaffle an upgrade). If I purchase the whisky on the F leg, will I then be able to bring it with me in my carry-on on the second PE leg? Or would I run into problems because it's over 100ml (as per the picture that the above article links to)?

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

In a couple of months I'll be flying JAL in First to HND, transiting in Haneda and then taking another JAL flight in Premium Economy (assuming I can't snaffle an upgrade). If I purchase the whisky on the F leg, will I then be able to bring it with me in my carry-on on the second PE leg? Or would I run into problems because it's over 100ml (as per the picture that the above article links to)?
You would if it's transit. You'd have to ask for your bags to be short checked to HND - go landside then recheck in.

I saw a mention of this on FlyerTalk before my HND-SYD flight earlier this month.

I forgot to ask, but certainly it wasn't offered to me - and I was drinking whisky. Not sure if it's available on the 'non premium' F routes

I saw a mention of this on FlyerTalk before my HND-SYD flight earlier this month.

I forgot to ask, but certainly it wasn't offered to me - and I was drinking whisky. Not sure if it's available on the 'non premium' F routes
One of the FT guys did mention their crew didn't say anything about it but when asked about buying it, they had it available.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back