Juneyao - How to pay for booking…?

travelislife

Established Member
Hi, I have made a booking on Juneyao Airlines for January, but NAB blocked my card for fraud prevention so the payment didn’t go through. I have the PNR and booking is still there when I look up on their website, but I can’t figure out how to pay for it so it gets ticketed.

I have called probably 8 times (pushing 3 for English) and every time they answer they say sorry no English. Incredibly frustrating.

Any advice appreciated!

Afaik chinese airlines tend to be best done by TA's . There's loads of stuff just doesn't work if you book yourself unless you have access to their WeChat apps and book through there.

Trip whilst a 3rd party is also a Chinese travel company and official English booking app for various things in China. I think that group is the second largest travel agent in the world nowdays

Could easily be a situation where Juneyao also has kickbacks to trip. They're both HQd in Shanghai.

Ok, I have made a new booking with www.mytrip.com. It was USD$1912 rather than the $USD1835 that I was getting direct.

But I think that may have been due to inventory....

As I think as of right now I am actually holding 3 x PNR's for the same booking on the same flights....

Am expecting the 2 that I did direct last night will auto cancel at the 24 hour mark about midnight tonight.

Hopefully doesn't cause any issues with the MyTrip booking having e-tickets issued. Nothing yet.

Edit: Just checked, and e-tickets issued!

AUD$2870 for 2 Adults and 2 Kids for SYD-PVG-KIX-PVG-SYD 11/01-25/-25/01 is a steal!

Overnight layover where we will book hotel on the way over. Straight through on the way back.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Now you mentioned about Wechat, I just browsed and found the Juneyao mini program in Chinese. There is also a Juneyao mini program for AliPay. Both are far more comprehensive than their international website.

This is always a challenge with dealing with businesses in China. Their financial system is completely different from the world.

Now you mentioned about Wechat, I just browsed and found the Juneyao mini program in Chinese. There is also a Juneyao mini program for AliPay. Both are far more comprehensive than their international website.

This is always a challenge with dealing with businesses in China. Their financial system is completely different from the world.
Yes all the Chinese airlines have apps that are extremely comprehensive. Just that they're all in Chinese and on WeChat/Alipay. Seat selection, airline rewards, flight status etc can all be easily controlled through the apps.

I remember using the China Eastern app and managed to do all sorts of stuff easily on there which the website has no idea about. There's probably all sorts of deals and promos that we have no idea about as well.

I tried WeChat earlier this afternoon...but had zero idea what I was doing and couldn't make head nor tail of it...
Post automatically merged:

Yes all the Chinese airlines have apps that are extremely comprehensive. Just that they're all in Chinese and on WeChat/Alipay. Seat selection, airline rewards, flight status etc can all be easily controlled through the apps.

I remember using the China Eastern app and managed to do all sorts of stuff easily on there which the website has no idea about. There's probably all sorts of deals and promos that we have no idea about as well.
It's just crazy to me that they would launch in to a market like Australia (they only start flights in December from Sydney and Melbourne) and they wouldn't engage someone to make sure their point of sale is a seamless as possible.

Most people would just give up with what I have done in the last 24 hours.

Yes, given the mini program are all in Chinese, so it is not catered for tourists at all. Unfortunately most China's business are more domestic focused due to the large population, but it is a shame that overseas customers are neglected.

I tried WeChat earlier this afternoon...but had zero idea what I was doing and couldn't make head nor tail of it...

It's just crazy to me that they would launch in to a market like Australia (they only start flights in December from Sydney and Melbourne) and they wouldn't engage someone to make sure their point of sale is a seamless as possible.

See they're not necessarily after the Aussie market. They're after a slice of the lucrative Chinese market in Australia especially now that Australia is back on the "Good" country list. The rest is the extra cherry on top.

Edit: this is why western airlines are struggling post covid as well. They haven't invested and adapted to how the new digital China functions.

That's because they mainly cater for the Australian Chinese who need to go back to China for holidays, businesses and visiting relatives. Most of them can read Chinese. It is almost a mindset issue where they think their only market are Chinese diaspora only.

See they're not necessarily after the Aussie market. They're after a slice of the lucrative Chinese market in Australia especially now that Australia is back on the "Good" country list. The rest is the extra cherry on top.

Edit: this is why western airlines are struggling post covid as well. They haven't invested and adapted to how the new digital China functions.

The challenge for western Airlines in China is that all the mini programs are all in AliPay + wechat, and are closely tied to Chinese government. So they may not see it is worth investing in those mini programs, and rely on TA and tour group operators instead.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

Back