Last 717 service

One minor correction to your newsletter article Matt @AFF Editor … the 717 wasn’t the first QantasLink aircraft to offer J class. That honour belongs to the BAe 146-100 (and the -200/-300s that followed) that operated QFLink flights before the 717 came online in the fleet. Very nice Business Class albeit a very slow aircraft!

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Currently sitting in the lounge at CBR and they've just announced that this morning's CBR-SYD 717 flight is cancelled (after initially announcing a delay). All passengers rebooked on the 737 running 20 minutes before it.

As nice as the 717s were, this kind of thing is why I stopped booking them (where I had a choice) some years ago.

A half hour ago travelling on the Qantas shuttle at Mascot from international to the domestic terminal we stopped while Discover Tasmania 717 was pushed out. A moment of history. As an aside this next flight SYD-CBR gets me to Platinum status. Great morning all round

26 October:
Doubt there will be a special event for the last flight out of LST tomorrow even though the AGM is in Tasmania today

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

Back