New Amex statement credits

my line tends to be “just so you know, this conversation will be used as the ‘formal complaint’ requirement for my AFCA submission”

Sadly that makes no difference to them. During my issues I said just that with respect the phone conversations. I then requested a copy and transcript which they said they would provide, but didn't. I included that fact in my AFCA complaint as well.

Sadly that makes no difference to them. During my issues I said just that with respect the phone conversations. I then requested a copy and transcript which they said they would provide, but didn't. I included that fact in my AFCA complaint as well.
You use it in the live chat, and it gives you a transcript, so you can provide it to AFCA. It’s not so much that it makes a difference, as they have no good pathway for formal complaints (they provide a fax number only…)

You use it in the live chat, and it gives you a transcript, so you can provide it to AFCA. It’s not so much that it makes a difference, as they have no good pathway for formal complaints (they provide a fax number only…)

When I was having an issue they told me they have a "customer service" team. When I asked to speak to this team they said they don't speak directly to customers :eek:

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back