Qantas A330 cabin refurbishments

Im not sure i track this. The fleet is a bit thin right now but once the refurbishment are done, the 321 XLR fleet is rolling in, more 220s are rolling in, 350-1000 are rolling in and won't be long between this program finishing and the 350-900/ 787-9/10 replacements also start rolling in.

QF would actually have a much younger fleet in a few years. We're suffering through the decisions (lack of) right now, but not necessarily in just over 2 years time.
A321XR is a good replacement but I hope they will only start sending these A332 to refresh after the A321XR starts to arrive to prevent this situation from deteriorating even further

A321XR is a good replacement but I hope they will only start sending these A332 to refresh after the A321XR starts to arrive to prevent this situation from deteriorating even further
There's already some changes that likely see more 330s freed up from the Int'l schedule changes. And the big elephant is will QF maintain 4 daily flights to tokyo. I don't see them flying just one flight to NRT and 3 to HND.

That would see one full plane be taken offline if they do that.

There's already some changes that likely see more 330s freed up from the Int'l schedule changes. And the big elephant is will QF maintain 4 daily flights to tokyo. I don't see them flying just one flight to NRT and 3 to HND.

I honestly hope that will work but we will have to wait and see

I welcome the mood lighting. All late night A330 flights I’ve had into Melbourne they had the lights on full. Drives me nuts. Many of the Chinese carriers also do this.

Virgin are very consistent with the use of mood lighting.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

They are also pulling the 330 off BNE-LAX soonish when a 787 is freed up to replace it.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back