Qantas Business Class meals & menus

...maybe if you cooked it.

I can't get a butter chicken with rice that size of serving for $10 anywhere.

$6 frozen - add more for rice, heating & plating.

$7 frozen - ditto

$4.50 frozen, ditto

I know the Qantas meal was possibly larger but they also get discount for mass production.

I think $10 is about right.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

It should be, but the Americans and the Russians at the very least actively seek to challenge that.
Sadly, yes. At least Australia got its act together circa 2000, hard to believe that in my youth abominations such as Minchinbury had the "champagne" moniker...

"French Champagne" is a tautology ;)

And yes, the more than decent Jacquart was on offer on MEL - CHC in July, very unlikely that this would have changed :)
I accept your clarification but i have been forced to ask - Is this "French Champagne" on so many flights when offered a glass of prepoured "champagne" only to find it is not . Often ,if they insist it is "French Champagne" and I suspect not , I ask to see the bottle ! United Airlines is a good example of this issue .

I accept your clarification but i have been forced to ask - Is this "French Champagne" on so many flights when offered a glass of prepoured "champagne" only to find it is not . Often ,if they insist it is "French Champagne" and I suspect not , I ask to see the bottle ! United Airlines is a good example of this issue .
Oh I agree 100%, just the inner wine snob escaping its cage for a second ;)

Don't get me started on the number of times I have asked for a neat whisky and it has come with ice :(

Any changes to Australia to NZ offerings ?
Drinks menu Trans Tasman matches international business with things like champagne and four pillars gin loaded like any other long haul. Problem is with a lack of menu many don’t realise they actually exist.

Drinks menu Trans Tasman matches international business with things like champagne and four pillars gin loaded like any other long haul. Problem is with a lack of menu many don’t realise they actually exist.
Thank you. Have several flights SYD-WLG-SYD and vv and BNE-CHC-BNE in next month or so . Looking forward to them now.

Yeah the obstinate lack of printed menus on TT (and PER flights) since covid is a real shame, surely can't cost them much, and adds a much more "premium" feel to things...

QF648 PER-SYD Thurs Oct 24 332 VH-EBC sched dep 1135 actual pushback 1207 (delayed inbound from MEL) takeoff 1218 (unusually on 24)

No QF34 today sadly but happy to be on the one widebody of the day to SYD. Very good service by CSM Karen and FAs Jodie and Dorothy.

No PDBs but there was at least a bottle of water on the seat. Prompt jacket hanging.

Pre lunch drink of Credaro Kinship chardonnay with the usual Santos accompaniments. Very pleased to see this wine in J for the first time (for me) since covid, one of my favourite Margs wineries not far from Yallingup, and this particular wine IMO punches way above its weight for its price point ($25 at Dan’s)

IMG_4270.jpeg
Had the beef brisket for lunch, would have appreciated a bit more meat but what was there was tender and very tasty, excellent for an inflight offering. Smoked salmon salad on the side, good but more fish would have given it a higher mark. The other possibilities today were a chicken salad and a pork curry of some description.

Tasted the Saint and Scholar ADL Hills Pinot Noir ($30 at Dan’s, the only red on the menu today) - pleasantly drinkable without the acidity and/or aftertastes that lower tier Pinots are often beset by, but was not the equal of the Credaro Chardonnay, so had more of this. Counter- intuitively this actually went very well with the brisket.

IMG_4278.jpeg
Maggie’s ice cream was again the sole dessert option, cheese platters remaining the preserve of Int flights only. Happy to see the dessert wine from last week’s BNE flight, a pleasure to sample this again.

Made up some time en route but this was negated by typical congestion at SYD, arrived 30 minutes late.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

Back