Qantas DSC October 2024 Offer - book by 31/10/24 & fly 1/11/24-19/10/25

I’m generally opposed to spoon-feeding but here’s the link to the FAQs

But I’m also a realist, so just to knock over some of the questions that haven’t been asked yet, but which will appear any moment now…
  • No. An EK flight does not count.
  • No, not even an EK flight with a QF flight number. It has to be a Qantas plane.
  • Yes the QF flights on wet leased AY aircraft do count. Just pretend they’re Qantas planes.
  • Yes, Alliance planes too if they’re operating for Qantas.
  • No, Jetstar planes are not Qantas planes. They don’t count.
  • No, Jetstar flights do not count even if you book them on the QF website. They do that to trick you.
  • If you book economy and upgrade, you only get economy SC. Same as when there’s no DSC.
  • Yes the first batch of DSC will take a painfully long time to post to your account. No need to complain about it until eight weeks after you complete travel.
  • No, Bonza flights are not eligible.
And most importantly,
  • No, I do not know when the next DSC offer will be.
I feel like QF could explain it a bit simpler in terms of the (EK no, Alliance yes, Jetstar no, Finnair yes) eligible flights with a simple term that said QF flights QF1 to QF1999 or whatever are eligible.

This could not have happened at a better time. I need another 3550 SCs for LTG. With only another 2-3 years left of work travel, I always thought it was out of reach. However after some furious (and sometimes confusing) calculating, I have worked out that if I book all my work flights up to my anniversary date of 30th Sept. 2025, I'll make it with a couple of weeks to spare and with an extra 200 or so SCs to be safe.
LTG is the sweet spot so that alone is worth it, however the icing on the cake is that it will also get me to WP1, which gives me a MUCH better chance of getting Classic Reward seats for international J travel for my wife and I. (We already have the itinerary worked out for our next RTW)
I've already this morning cancelled and rebooked 5 existing flights, and just have to book the rest through to Sept. 2025. I'm fortunate that I can schedule that far ahead, and can afford the outlay for the fares until I'm reimbursed.
For a bit of work and a modest outlay, I'll get the benefits of Gold FF for life, have a better chance of accusing my accumulated FF points, and see if WP1 is really any better than WP? LTG is all I wanted, the rest is just gravy :)

Last edited:
I’m generally opposed to spoon-feeding but here’s the link to the FAQs

But I’m also a realist, so just to knock over some of the questions that haven’t been asked yet, but which will appear any moment now…
  • No. An EK flight does not count.
  • No, not even an EK flight with a QF flight number. It has to be a Qantas plane.
  • Yes the QF flights on wet leased AY aircraft do count. Just pretend they’re Qantas planes.
  • Yes, Alliance planes too if they’re operating for Qantas.
  • No, Jetstar planes are not Qantas planes. They don’t count.
  • No, Jetstar flights do not count even if you book them on the QF website. They do that to trick you.
  • If you book economy and upgrade, you only get economy SC. Same as when there’s no DSC.
  • Yes the first batch of DSC will take a painfully long time to post to your account. No need to complain about it until eight weeks after you complete travel.
  • No, Bonza flights are not eligible.
And most importantly,
  • No, I do not know when the next DSC offer will be.

You omitted:

• Does not have to be RTW.
😜

I feel like QF could explain it a bit simpler in terms of the (EK no, Alliance yes, Jetstar no, Finnair yes) eligible flights with a simple term that said QF flights QF1 to QF1999 or whatever are eligible.
I have a pretty simple answer: will your plane have Qantas written on the Metal tube? If yes - qualify, if no, is it the 2 finair planes? Yes (qualified) no? Not qualified.

That used to just be one question until the finair wetleases.

I'm guessing the promotion will count towards award bookings to if one is a Points Club member? Also, does this promotion apply to Qantas marketed and operated tickets that are booked on another carrier. For instance, if I were to book my Qantas classic award using my BA Avios points would I earn the double status credits?

If I may ask, what sort of pricing did you find? I'm somewhat interested in finding efficient ways of earning status credits during the promotion that don't involve me crossing the international date line.

-RooFlyer88
The other one would be
OOL-MEL-ADL
it’s 400 DSC for around $2,200
As z compared OOL - AKL 580 for the $1800 fare

that seems quite low really. not many participating in DSC proportionately.
Given there’s 15 million members it’s low IMHO

SO LETS SAY THE AVERAGE bookings are 3 per person that’s just 65,000 members who took advantage of the offer
0.004%

SO LETS SAY THE AVERAGE bookings are 3 per person that’s just 65,000 members who took advantage of the offer
0.004%
Plus there would have been a non-zero number of bookings without the DSC offer, so it's not as if there were 200,000 incremental bookings due to the offer.

Very pleased with this DSC offer, as I can actually make use of it this time and help me to retain WP through to Sep 2026 (to last until Sep 2027)!

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

I'm guessing the promotion will count towards award bookings to if one is a Points Club member? Also, does this promotion apply to Qantas marketed and operated tickets that are booked on another carrier. For instance, if I were to book my Qantas classic award using my BA Avios points would I earn the double status credits?
No you won’t even earn any SC with Awards booked using Avios.
Must be booked using QFF points as points club member.

A cash fare on a 125 ticket on QF code and metal would earn them though.

My comment was wrt the split of those who opted for DSCs 40% vs Points 60%. I dont think 40% is low given most QFF don't play the status game and are probably saving points for some aspirational redemption every 5-10 years.

Last edited:
Good timing for me this time. Feb/March DSC doesn't usually fit in with my planning well.

Managed to get PER-SYD-AKL-SYD-PER @ $3.50/sc so happy with that. Plus I get another visit to the SYD F Lounge.
Also need to cancel and re-book an existing SYD-PER-SYD trip which should get me another year of WP.

There’s some AFFers who have been predicting a February DSC offer 🤔.

And a Feb/March offer is also still very likely to happen IMO. Pre Covid it was quite normal to have DSC offers aligning with both the AGM and the release of company results.

My comment was wrt the split of those who opted for DSCs 40% vs Points 60%. I dont think 40% is low given most QFF don't play the status game and are probably saving points for some aspirational redemption every 5-10 years.
Yes
The entire AFF and competitor groups took up DSC runs jokes
The average punter double points to add to the pot

Has anyone else noticed that the "not quite direct" options all disappear as soon as a DSC offer drops. I was looking at my DPO-...-...-PVG and return options on the QF website a few days ago and the return flight options offered PVG-HKG-SYD-MEL-DPO - for about $40 more than PVG-HKG-MEL-DPO option - but the "via with an extra leg" options aren't offered on the website now that the DSC offer has dropped. Was going to buy a Flex Y ticket and with the DSC offer that was going to give an extra 40 SC's for about $40 just for coming back via SYD then MEL - dammit!

Has anyone else noticed that the "not quite direct" options all disappear as soon as a DSC offer drops. I was looking at my DPO-...-...-PVG and return options on the QF website a few days ago and the return flight options offered PVG-HKG-SYD-MEL-DPO - for about $40 more than PVG-HKG-MEL-DPO option - but the "via with an extra leg" options aren't offered on the website now that the DSC offer has dropped. Was going to buy a Flex Y ticket and with the DSC offer that was going to give an extra 40 SC's for about $40 just for coming back via SYD then MEL - dammit!
Call to book?

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back