Qantas DSC October 2024 Offer - book by 31/10/24 & fly 1/11/24-19/10/25

Just booked flights today over the phone using old credits. I was advised that flight credits now qualify for DSC.

Apparently it's a new feature with the changes made to the use of credits. She advised that these credits might take longer to post but they do have a process to manage it. She wasn't convinced about the process working as planned. She did advise to take note of the booking ref etc post flight for potential follow up.
Would this slow crediting also apply to “old Gift vouchers?”

I found one unused one from October 2023 by accident just now…

You can use any points currency. QF flights booked as BA, AA, AS etc. awards are all fine if your QFF number is in the PNR.
As it seems many people are talking about this (this one never was in or has escaped Fight Club), I can confirm that I've gotten many successful DSCs awarded on QF reward flights booked with BA/AA miles.

Edit: clarified to say flights on QF metal.

Last edited:
BNE-MEL-SYD-DPS will get you extra SC's over BNE-MEL-DPS :)
It will but this trip is for our mini-moon. Not sure the missus would be happy with us taking more than one layover before we reach our destination haha

It will but this trip is for our mini-moon. Not sure the missus would be happy with us taking more than one layover before we reach our destination haha
It's a test of a true relationship: could your partner put up your travel nonsense?

So, I actually just booked a flight on Friday 25th not even knowing about this offer (no email, nothing in the App). Today I opened the app and saw it and registered for DSC.

Will the trip I booked Friday count for the DSC given it's within the booking period, but before I selected any reward?

Last edited:
No problems basically any way you book. Amex is a travel agent.
This is great to know, thank you. DSC via Amex.
One question: does this become difficult if the flight needs to be cancelled as you're not dealing directly with QF?
Post automatically merged:

Can you cancel and rebook?
I would also like to know this - I've got an existing J multi-flight trip next year. If I cancel and re-book within the booking period, I assume that I'll get the DSCs.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Yes the first batch of DSC will take a painfully long time to post to your account. No need to complain about it until eight weeks after you complete travel.
This is good to know (as this is my first time booking during QF DSC sale). So expect to wait 8 weeks from the date of the flight? Is that the max time or the usual time?
What happens if your membership year crosses over during this eight-week period?
Post automatically merged:

Can you cancel and rebook?
I would also like to know this - I've got an existing J multi-flight trip next year. If I cancel and re-book within the booking period, I assume that I'll get the DSCs.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

Back