Qantas DSC October 2024 Offer - book by 31/10/24 & fly 1/11/24-19/10/25

This is good to know (as this is my first time booking during QF DSC sale). So expect to wait 8 weeks from the date of the flight? Is that the max time or the usual time?
What happens if your membership year crosses over during this eight-week period?
Once they get going

Doubles post within 24-48 hours
Like the flight home from AFF brissy earlier this week showed up within 24-48 hours

I would also like to know this - I've got an existing J multi-flight trip next year. If I cancel and re-book within the booking period, I assume that I'll get the DSCs.
As long as you have a PNR created during the promo booking window, you're good.

This is good to know (as this is my first time booking during QF DSC sale). So expect to wait 8 weeks from the date of the flight? Is that the max time or the usual time?
What happens if your membership year crosses over during this eight-week period?
It's only the first run that takes that long, normally once they've started posting them, they turn up within a few days. So if you're looking at Jan or beyond, you can expect them much sooner than the 8 weeks.

DSCs get backdated to flight date.

I'm assuming that credits earnt as DSCs count towards your lifetime status, but not towards your loyalty bonuses; is that correct?
Correct

I would also like to know this - I've got an existing J multi-flight trip next year. If I cancel and re-book within the booking period, I assume that I'll get the DSCs.
If you cancel for a refund. If you cancel to credit, I wonder if you keep the same pnr? Someone will know.

If you cancel for a refund. If you cancel to credit, I wonder if you keep the same pnr? Someone will know.
The interesting question
I got an old GV I forgot about
And someone else mentioned up thread that old Flight Credits which from early October can now be used on one or more bookings would qualify
From the sounds of it their system had changed to enable DSC on bookings made during the booking period
But that’s YET TO BE CONFIRMED IN REALITY other than the verbal advice mentioned back up thread

This is great to know, thank you. DSC via Amex.
One question: does this become difficult if the flight needs to be cancelled as you're not dealing directly with QF?
Post automatically merged:

As it will be a completely new booking and PNR it will qualify if the usual terms are met, eg registered, booked within the booking deadline and travel within the dates on Qantas metal.

Whether you consider it worth cancelling the original flight will be according to the terms etc of the original booking.

It will keep the same PNR if credit voucher. Hence Flex bookings made now and the rest is Fight Club stuff.

As it will be a completely new booking and PNR it will qualify if the usual terms are met, eg registered, booked within the booking deadline and travel within the dates on Qantas metal.

Whether you consider it worth cancelling the original flight will be according to the terms etc of the original booking.

It will keep the same PNR if credit voucher. Hence Flex bookings made now and the rest is Fight Club stuff.
F(l)ight Club stuff

As long as you have a PNR created during the promo booking window, you're good.

It's only the first run that takes that long, normally once they've started posting them, they turn up within a few days. So if you're looking at Jan or beyond, you can expect them much sooner than the 8 weeks.

DSCs get backdated to flight date.

Correct
Thank you @thebmw
Thank you @Jay M

Thank you @Pushka

I typically use Amex travel credit on a straight forward return trip that I know I will definitely take, because its a pain if you need changes to go via their call centre rather than self-serve via QF website.

Any flexible bookings are IMO best made direct.

Of course YMMV.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

I'm all booked now for another trip to China, weirdly when it confirmed on the screen it said "You could be earning 210 SC's + xx_xx_ points for this trip" - even though I calculate it as being 180 SC's (+ the DSC's). So I've no idea what class it has booked the HKG-PNG-HKG into on Cathay - and I don't know of anywhere that I can look it up - but it sounds like it might have booked me into an earning class after all (after I thought that option for the return leg had disappeared overnight).

Even within the last 24 hours, prices of the PER to AKL J route has increased by $200 - $400 (total). Unsure if its scarcity kind of thing but does add up quite quickly if you're trying to do status runs... also difficult to measure BUT -- you should also factor what kind of accommodation you are planning to stay in as well, as depending on that will raise the $/SC!

Even within the last 24 hours, prices of the PER to AKL J route has increased by $200 - $400 (total). Unsure if its scarcity kind of thing but does add up quite quickly if you're trying to do status runs... also difficult to measure BUT -- you should also factor what kind of accommodation you are planning to stay in as well, as depending on that will raise the $/SC!

I did a Pay Later booking last night as I wasn't sure I wanted to commit to the J fare. Repriced again today and it's hundreds of dollars more expensive.

I did a Pay Later booking last night as I wasn't sure I wanted to commit to the J fare. Repriced again today and it's hundreds of dollars more expensive.
The only dom J that has held price IN THE PAST is ADL-MEL-OOL
The $25 holding fee has seen this over a number of bookings across time (pre-COVID)

Well there are only so many sale seats available on each flight; and I imagine any bargains that align with long weekends get snapped pretty quick especially for those where people want to spend a few days and not just do a pure status run.

Remembering that this DSC promo overlaps with the previous by just over 4 months.

During Feb DSC I managed $3.34 per SC booking the following flights:
SYD-OOL (1 night stop-over) +
OOL-MEL-AKL (3 night stay) +
AKL-BNE-MEL +
MEL-SYD.

Priced the exact itinerary on the same dates yesterday and it was $500 more because obviously the allocation of the cheapest booking class had sold out during the last DSC, despite there being NZ sales on during both.

Also during the Feb DSC QF were selling domestic J fares for $450, they are $565 at the moment.

I imagine the best bargains for this DSC offer are in the 8 months that do not overlap with the previous DSC.

I must say I get rather impatient with all this fight club stuff. AFF is meant to be a forum for sharing tips and tricks about flying better but there’s some here who really wish to keep a good trick to themselves.

I know the techniques and I’m really tempted just to post right out the open here, especially when people are explicitly asking for an explanation of all the wink wink.

Last edited:
Back