Qantas DSC October 2024 Offer - book by 31/10/24 & fly 1/11/24-19/10/25

I was also having issues using it. It worked smoothly for one trip but not for another. It was only after the price went up by ~$300 did it start working again (hmm, suspicious).

2 silly questions:
1) All flights booked via the Multi-city tool, when it decides to work, should be subject to the DSCs and not just the one-way/return flights?
2) Even though the number of SCs that show up prior to payment is the standard amount, the DSCs should come through as a separate transaction?
(This is the first time that I've purchased flights during a DSC sale - I'm trying to make sure that I'm not making any assumptions. I'm excited and am hoping for the best once the flights occur next year - I should have enough to almost get me to WP.)
Everything booked using the Multi-City tool should get DSC's if the flights are eligible (QF flights on QF metal), the bigger challenge is usually getting the f$%king Multi-City tool to work properly - or at all.

DSC's will come through as a separate transaction - a random number of days or weeks later (up to eight usually).

Well, they got me.

I've wanted to see more of the South Pacific and while I haven't gotten particularly serious about it, yesterday I found flights from SYD to Samoa (via BNE), Tonga (nonstop), and Vanuatu (via BNE) priced around ~$2000 in J (Y was pricing at the ~$1000 mark). We spent the evening researching and settled on Samoa. (Norfolk Island also came in at $1500 with Y at $1000, so that's also excellent value, but we've been there [loved it].)

I didn't expect to book during this promo as I don't personally get enough value out of my status to see the logic in spending money I wouldn't otherwise spend for SC runs, repositioning, etc., and I didn't find fares on other potential trips I have coming up compelling enough to pay such a high premium all to guarantee my ability to maintain SG status, but this struck me as a genuinely reasonable fare to somewhere I actually want to go, and the DSC promotion did manage to get me to bite.

480 SCs for $2023 = $4.21 per SC. Not the best but also not the worst value as seen on this thread, and an interesting option for anyone based in SYD who actually wants to visit some of our Pacific Island friends. I'll also be locked in for Gold through May 2027, while still able to remain a free agent for larger, more expensive trips.
$4.21 per SC for a tropical island holiday destination is quite acceptable in my opinion - better than say $3.80 per SC for an overnight stay at Auckland airport.

If you are into scuba diving then there is a new shipwreck there courtesy of our Kiwi cousins...

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

I'm really just referring to the ability to use the Qantas website as you could before to build a multi city same day classic flight reward that prices as a single award rather than individual ones. It is absolutely nothing to do with having a good travel agent.
(I have been one and still have gds access if I need it)

This could be useful on double SC for points club members
You could call them and they could do it. Waive the fee due to not being able to do so online.

$4.21 per SC for a tropical island holiday destination is quite acceptable in my opinion - better than say $3.80 per SC for an overnight stay at Auckland airport.

If you are into scuba diving then there is a new shipwreck there courtesy of our Kiwi cousins...
Man I've tried staying at the AKL airport last time I did a status run - had back problems for a week or two later 🤕 - getting a hotel might be worth it if you don't want your body to disintegrate (not that you're already doing in the air!). It does add a bit to the overall $/SC but took advantage of some CC's travel credits and whatever accom near the airport using Qantas Hotel to get that extra points promo!

Having also done it ... while I do find the whole status run quite fun that overnight layover was definitely not. I will be staying a couple nights on my next AKL pilgrimage.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back