Qantas International Schedule changes

Just spotted this on QF's socials. Great news for Brisbane -> LA, the A330 would have been rough on that flight. Also confirming all 10 A380s back in service!

Our Boeing 787-9 Dreamliners are returning to Brisbane!
🤩

Today we announced a number of upcoming changes to our international schedule, which include:
▪️
Boeing 787-9 Dreamliners to begin flying from Brisbane on Los Angeles & Auckland routes in August 2025
▪️
Airbus A380 to return on Sydney to Dallas route in August 2025, with all 10 A380s to be back in service by early 2026
▪️
A new route to commence between Brisbane and Palau in the Pacific in the coming months*
▪️
Airbus A220 to operate internationally for the first time, flying on the new Darwin to Singapore route from March 2025*
▪️
Brisbane to Noumea flights to recommence in December 2024 with Embraer E190 aircraft operating on the route for the first time
▪️
Sydney to Seoul flights operated by Qantas to cease in June 2025, with Jetstar increasing flights from four times per week to daily
* 𝘚𝘶𝘣𝘫𝘦𝘤𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘨𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘯𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘳𝘦𝘨𝘶𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘷𝘢𝘭

Looks like a380 not yet loaded onto the system for SYD -DFW. Will there be another batch of F seats available I wonder.

Just spotted this on QF's socials. Great news for Brisbane -> LA, the A330 would have been rough on that flight. Also confirming all 10 A380s back in service!

That’s a downgrade for BNE-LAX if travelling in Y. The A330 was a great option for this and I did it a few times.

Luckily the 787 is only complementing the route so you can still seek out A330 days if travelling Y, and 787 days if you want J/PE. A good compromise.

Very glad I'm doing my SYD-ICN flight in April whilst still QF metal, significant downgrade to only have J* from June. Would mean future Korea trips would have to be via Japan for me.

Nice to see A380 back on SYD-DFW.

Very glad I'm doing my SYD-ICN flight in April whilst still QF metal, significant downgrade to only have J* from June. Would mean future Korea trips would have to be via Japan for me.

All the flights I did on that route some years back were Asiana metal would that code share be restarted?

CX via HKG? Or KE/OZ direct?

Honestly my last SYD - ICN in QF Y was on par with JQ given it was 100% full. The only difference being that you got served a mediocre meal. Also had a nap at the gate with how long we were delayed and made us miss the last trains out of ICN.

All the flights I did on that route some years back were Asiana metal would that code share be restarted?
Unlikely - Asiana are merging with Korean airlines, and the brand will disappear. Korean are probably focused on that rather than new partnerships right now but a codeshare with them could happen - they have a codeshare relationship with JAL for example.

CX via HKG?
Possibility
Or KE/OZ direct?
Nah no status or First Lounge access.

QF is a day flight from SYD so bearable in whY, i am coming home via HND again for a day flight rather than overnight from ICN.

Jetstar ends up costing way more by the time you add meals and baggage to get full service and typically means coughpier flight times and no QF F Lounge access.

You are wrong. You do.
I think you misread their post.
Possibility

Nah no status or First Lounge access.

QF is a day flight from SYD so bearable in whY, i am coming home via HND again for a day flight rather than overnight from ICN.
Note JL doesn't fly to ICN. You'd need to be off OW for that leg if you want ICN, otherwise you get the closer GMP airport from HND.

Jetstar ends up costing way more by the time you add meals and baggage to get full service and typically means coughpier flight times and no QF F Lounge access.
JQ has QF F access. In fact that's one of the main reasons people here randomly book SYD - MEL on JQi. You lose OW lounge access at ICN though.

Back on the main topic, i note that they haven't mentioned any changes to Tokyo yet. I would've thought they'd include that with them having officially gotten the third slot now. (Or hold back this announcement until they figure that out too).

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back