Qantas International Schedule changes

Note JL doesn't fly to ICN. You'd need to be off OW for that leg if you want ICN, otherwise you get the closer GMP airport from HND.
Yep Im doing QF SYD-ICN, JAL GMP-HND, QF HND-SYD. I am expecting to have lounge access at GMP due to OWE.

JQ has QF F access. In fact that's one of the main reasons people here randomly book SYD - MEL on JQi. You lose OW lounge access at ICN though.

Good to know, noting Ive ever flown JQ domestically and loathe SYD T2 as no lounge.

Back on the main topic, i note that they haven't mentioned any changes to Tokyo yet. I would've thought they'd include that with them having officially gotten the third slot now. (Or hold back this announcement until they figure that out too).

One can only hope the extra slot which is late morning becomes a HND-SYD for a better day option than the current barely dawn option.

Yep Im doing QF SYD-ICN, JAL GMP-HND, QF HND-SYD. I am expecting to have lounge access at GMP due to OWE.
I did this route 3 months ago. Hope the QF flight from syd isn't more than 3h delayed or you lose PT options at ICN. At GMP you have access to the KE lounge, JL opens their check in 2h before the flight so don't show up too early. JL also runs the 787 on this route with PE but not sold and if you're om that flight you can seleft the PE seats.

Good to know, noting Ive ever flown JQ domestically and loathe SYD T2 as no lounge.

One can only hope the extra slot which is late morning becomes a HND-SYD for a better day option than the current barely dawn option.
They already have the proposed schedule when they applied for the 3rd slot.

SYD - HND becomes overnight both directions, MEL - HND day/night. BNE - HND is day both directions with BNE inheriting the horrid 6:50 am HND departure slot. No word on whether they will have a 4th SYD - NRT flight or drop to 3 service.
Post automatically merged:

My ICN-SYD flight has been changed to JQ, just 1 week after the changes :(
Couldn't they have waited till end of June...

Bah now to find another flight back :mad:
You don't have to accept the change, push them to put you on CX if you're ok with transiting at HKG.

JL also runs the 787 on this route with PE but not sold and if you're om that flight you can seleft the PE seats.
Our flight is not a dreamliner, but so short its no big deal.

SYD - HND becomes overnight both directions

Well that is very disappointing and means travelling via HND to ICN or onwards to EU only feasible in J where sleep is possible. Sleep is impossible in whY.

But I guess flying via BNE is also possible (but coughpy in that no first lounge).

I flew to ICN earlier this year with QF, SYD-HKG-ICN. QF metal then CX metal and code (not codeshared) but all sold by QF.

Seems like a good idea to codeshare with CX. HKG is a great airport to transit.

I did this route 3 months ago. Hope the QF flight from syd isn't more than 3h delayed or you lose PT options at ICN. At GMP you have access to the KE lounge, JL opens their check in 2h before the flight so don't show up too early. JL also runs the 787 on this route with PE but not sold and if you're om that flight you can seleft the PE seats.

They already have the proposed schedule when they applied for the 3rd slot.

SYD - HND becomes overnight both directions, MEL - HND day/night. BNE - HND is day both directions with BNE inheriting the horrid 6:50 am HND departure slot. No word on whether they will have a 4th SYD - NRT flight or drop to 3 service.
Post automatically merged:

You don't have to accept the change, push them to put you on CX if you're ok with transiting at HKG.

I don't mind transiting at HKG, if I can get through to them over the phone that is...

Back on the main topic, i note that they haven't mentioned any changes to Tokyo yet. I would've thought they'd include that with them having officially gotten the third slot now. (Or hold back this announcement until they figure that out too).
I noticed that as well, no mention of Tokyo.
Not yet known if it is a net reduction of TYO seats or if the 4th flight will still fly to NRT.
There is the claim that one current SYD-HND will move to NRT when the MEL and BNE flights move to HND, but QF hadn't said anything.

Just got bumped from my first international QF reward ever booked in J class.... now on the phone with QF customer service to request that I am booked on to CX or JL instead of JQ.
Update, have currently been on the phone for 1 hour, QF still insisting I fly with JQ, or that there is no availability on CX with reward seats. I told them that was there issue, as I booked a full service airline and expect to fly on a full service airline in J class to Seoul.

Update, have currently been on the phone for 1 hour, QF still insisting I fly with JQ, or that there is no availability on CX with reward seats. I told them that was there issue, as I booked a full service airline and expect to fly on a full service airline in J class to Seoul.
Ask them to open a J seat on QF metal (there doesn't have to be award available as this is an involuntary change) to either HKG or HND.

There are heaps of flights between HND and GMP and usually award availability.

Say you will accept SYD-HND (QF) + HND-GMP (JAL) or SYD-HKG (QF) + HKG-ICN/GMP (CX)

Last edited:

Same here, they keep insisting I need to fly with JQ and there are no other options available :rolleyes:

An absolute joke if they are forcing you to fly JQ without compensation or a refund.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

An absolute joke if they are forcing you to fly JQ without compensation or a refund.
100%. I have already made it clear I will be on the phone for as long as it takes to win this. Haven't mentioned yet that they are not the public flavour of the month with their current reputation and the ACCC proceedings, this certainly won't help

100%. I have already made it clear I will be on the phone for as long as it takes to win this. Haven't mentioned yet that they are not the public flavour of the month with their current reputation and the ACCC proceedings, this certainly won't help

Same here, they keep insisting I need to fly with JQ and there are no other options available :rolleyes:
One thing to note. This only just hit the newsroom today and it's very likely that the call centres aren't briefed yet. We saw this happen with PVG service ending.

It may be that in a couple of days, the call centre are told and given power to open up bookings on alternative carriers. Whatever you do, iust don't accept th JQ flight change.

The smallest plane (ever) at SIN? I don't think I've ever seen anything smaller than a 737-200 at Changi?
Probably not smallest commercial given there's probably some interesting things flying in and around the area.

But i believe it should be the first A220 service.
I don't think any airlines nearby has the A220 (closest being KE and they probably don't use it for SIN).

I don’t think they’re obligated to rebook you on a full service airline. Just any airline, with an option to refund.

However, you would be entitled to the points difference as JQ requires fewer points (a refund of 20,500 points one way for J).

I don’t think they’re obligated to rebook you on a full service airline. Just any airline, with an option to refund.

However, you would be entitled to the points difference as JQ requires fewer points (a refund of 20,500 points one way for J).
Obligations no, but very bad PR move and QF has been trying to avoid very easily negative PR moves for a while now. This would easily be understood by the wider public and make for easy 6pm headline news if they rebooked everyone on JQ.

"Thousands of Qantas Passengers have been forced to fly Jetstar after Qantas cancelled their service from Seoul".

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back