Qantas International Schedule changes

At least they offered to rebook you on Jetstar. When I had my Finnair awards changed last year I was told I could get a points refund and that was it - couldn't rebook me on anything as no reward availability.

In these situations they will always offer a refund as they seem to have done here.

The AY cancellation is outside of their control, so they will do less. The QF cancellation is within their control so they are supposed to offer more.

I thought JFK was a relatively strong route?

US Carriers have pulled back capacity into NZ so thought that would have only benefited this route.

It only went from 4 to 6 last week, so perhaps that was always the plan after the Christmas period was over. It’s only going down to 5 so still more than it was.

They’re also definitely making the most of NZ being curtailed so perhaps accounting for them to ramp up a bit. Increased capacity to DFW should lighten loads to JFK.

Super glad that the A380 is back into DFW. Yet more chopping and changing with JFK. I think the past year has seen it go from five to six and now back to five.

No, as above it went from 4 to 6 last week. Back to 5 after Christmas.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

I find it odd that Qantas really just called itself as a business airline and considers Jetstar as the "leisure" (poor) airline. I fly with Qantas because its a full service airline that has been generally reliable and has a wide loyalty program.

"This swap will result in an overall increase in seats between the cities and better serve the strong leisure demand for the route"

"Qantas launched flights to Seoul after the pandemic, and now that demand has normalised, it’s grown substantially as a leisure market, opening up a great opportunity for Jetstar to increase its frequencies and allow Qantas to redeploy its aircraft to other routes where we are seeing strong demand
I hate how Qantas leans on jetstar like it’s part of the same airline (yes they own both, but as a passenger it’s a very different experience). Calling this a positive move that now jetstar is daily to “allow” Qantas to redeploy its aircraft. No, Qantas are leaving a route, jetstar isn’t a comparable alternative.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back