QF announce non-stop Perth-London B787 Services

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: QF PER LHR still not for sale

Wonder what the SC earn in J will be for the PER-LHR leg.

Via DBX it's currently 240, and the same for my preferred route via HKG with CX. Just 220 via SIN. Anything less than any of these and I won't even consider it.

Fair, noticed Airline hub buzz gave an October date as well.

In any case, the flight crew are beginning their conversion training now. Fair to assume they wouldn't have them out of action for too long unnecessarily.

Via DBX it's currently 240, and the same for my preferred route via HKG with CX. Just 220 via SIN. Anything less than any of these and I won't even consider it.

Dallas flights accrue 200 in J. *Should* be more than that based on distance.

Could also be 200.
That way MEL-PER-LHR is 280 (80+200) same as the current MEL-LHR and SYD-LHR

If it is the case I'd expect some of the other PER routes to be adjusted

Galley conversation on the way back from Asia last week suggested the expected delivery timeframe was june/july. The captain was performing his final sector on the 330 to begin conversion training on the 787. Grain of salt to the above, with the potential for delays.
Expected delivery dates for first 4 QF 787-9s
LN615 VH-ZNA 12OCT17
LN641 VH-ZNB 01DEC17
LN655 VH-ZNC 31DEC17
LN669 VH-ZND 22FEB18

5:10am arrival? Arrive exhausted on holiday well before breakfast time and need to try and stay awake all day. Not fun.

I'll stick to the QF9 A380 service if QF keeps running it. Much better timing.

The return leg timing for the 787 service is much more reasonable and something I might consider.

5:10am arrival? Arrive exhausted on holiday well before breakfast time and need to try and stay awake all day. Not fun.

Not only that but can't check-in to hotel until what? 1 or 2pm. This isn't aimed at economy pax.

Business travellers. Use arrivals lounge, leave airport at 7-730 - in the office by 9. Long day.

Hopefully they announce how the domestic connections from other cities work. Current schedule looks like there will be 4 hour transits for Brisbane and Adelaide customers westbound

Not only that but can't check-in to hotel until what? 1 or 2pm. This isn't aimed at economy pax.

Business travellers. Use arrivals lounge, leave airport at 7-730 - in the office by 9. Long day.

Works well for me (economy leisure traveller). City by 7am, drop off luggage, stroll around and grab some breakfast. Go for a walk and exhaust myself totally then nap for a couple of hours once I can check in.

I would plan to fly Business not Economy, but still the arrival is way too early in the day imo. Far from ideal for holiday travel.

Also if they didn't want economy passengers they wouldn't have so many economy seats.

Also if they didn't want economy passengers they wouldn't have so many economy seats.

That's perhaps the odd thing. QF is high density in economy. Yet a 5am arrival in winter when it's cold and dark and hours before you can check-in won't appeal to a lot of people.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

We always prebook our accommodation for the night before arrival and let the hotel know...then at least we can check in and shower. Nothing worse than hanging around waiting til 2.00pm to check in... yuk

I know prices will quickly fall, but still it's pretty amusing QF is trying to charge a premium for these flights in Y. If anything, there's going to need to be a deep discount on these flights to convince Y pax to be stuck in a cramped tube for 17+ hours without a break, especially when arriving at 5am and therefore unable to check in to their hotel to freshen up afterwards.

Re: QF PER LHR pricing announced

$9,725! I wonder how much MEL-PER-LHR return would cost? Even more? One can get QF9 on the A380 for over $2K less on a good sale.

If QF9 is scrapped it will be interesting to see how MEL-SYD-DXB-LHR compares with MEL-PER-LHR price wise and SC earn. If the saving is significant going via SYD or if QF does MEL-DXB connecting with SYD's DXB-LHR that'd be tempting as a holiday traveller.

The business price is nuts - can't believe they think $9,725 is competitive. Per-Lhr QR/EY ~ $6600 and SQ ~ $7k.

$4300 gets you full business class from MEL/SYD to Europe on VN. A50s and 787s with full flat beds. One stop. Who'd pay the same price to go premium Eco via Perth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back