SilverSea sale

There seems to be a race to the bottom, not uncommon for debt laden corps.
The old SS , while quite wonderful in many ways, was a sinking ship.

So those who have cruised on other RCCL cruises get stayus match to 100 days at a minimum meaning you get free laundry and premium champagne on boarding plus the 5% Venetian discount.

They usually charge 100% extra for a solo traveller but usually offer a few at 25% extra. hardly any just now.

On occasions they have had no extra for a single pax.

Azamara have a zero extra for single passengers on at the moment and a fellow was able to change from a normal verandah suite to the owners suite at a lower price because of the no single supplement offer.

They usually charge 100% extra for a solo traveller but usually offer a few at 25% extra. hardly any just now.
yes, that certainly makes it unattractive for someone like myself much the time. Although with the current sale I looked at a few in the Greek islands and they would be good value even with a SS but the itineraries just didn’t appeal.

Ponant on the other hand, have a webpage full of cruises with zero single supplements ( and on prime dates as well ) and I’ll be on at least two of them in 2026. And with some other discussion above about the state of SilverSea, travelling Ponant doesn’t seem so bad. 😊

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

I double checked the pricing on the expedition cruise I have booked for next year and the current sale fare is more than I paid earlier this year. As mentioned it is always worth checking the rates as Silversea will meet the new price if it is before final payment is made.

In relation to reduced single supplements. I have cruised solo with Silversea for 10 years and they used to be very good at offering a 25% single supplement on a large number of cruises. There were usually always at least 100 on offer. This has reduced significantly this year and there are now currently 3 cruises available! The last 2 cruises I have booked with them have had a 50% supplement.

I have done one Ponant cruise and didn't particularly enjoy it, so whilst they offer a range of no single supplement cruises I'm not sure I want to repeat the experience.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

• NM
    Enthusiast
Back