SQ Tips, Trips and Tales

Got to use the spoon
Send a feedback letter to SQ. Cruiser will have details - the onions need to be purple and the cucumber needs to have green skin.
And the satay needs to have a bit more charcoal "char".
Also a true satay needs the compressed rice cubes accompaniment. AFAIK SQ and its cousin MH never have the rice cubes.

Made in Singapore, but not exactly hitting the mark in terms of presentation, though I must say the quality is excellent - especially the sauce

Wooden spoon to comply with the latest anti-plastic movement? 😜

Strange how the peanut allergy in South East Asia is remarkably low given the high exposure to peanuts - maybe half the rate of expat children

Screen Shot 2024-10-08 at 5.26.58 pm.png

Last edited:
Yes ALL satay are uploaded SIN - when I spoke to MEL Mgmt this morn they also suggested the shorter flt and turnaround time might the reason but how does that explain satays served on EU-SIN flts? I'll dig deeper 👍

Import frozen satays to their caterers in Europe? Obviously not allowed to do this in Australia, but the shorter turns to PERs are OK, because the satays don’t leave the aircraft?

Last edited:
Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

And, what is it with serving dinner, SIX hours out from Frankfurt!!!
It's only 4 hours since a delicious 5 course lunch - I'm still on my post-prandial cognac and sweeping up the dregs of my port!!
And now they want to give me more food...

By the way. Any suggestions for a decent beer in Frankfurt??

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back