Strategy to obtain US Amex

If I were in your situation, given your recent account closures, I would cool it on Chase for at least 90 days. But there's no hard and fast rules. Really a question of risk tolerance. I know someone who opened a new card after getting their shutdown reversed and has been going okay, albeit at a slow spending pace.

If you are primarily interested in a 0% APR, consider an Amex BBP.
I got a message from Amex that the CL on my everyday will be reduced by $1000 as I have not used it for more then 12 months , too many enquiries in 12 months , FICO score dropped to 712 and high balance to limits on some accounts .is that normal ?

At least you know what your FICO score is now!

I don't have personal experience, but I have definitely seen others saying that in the US your CL will get reduced if you don't use your card.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back