The Qantas Newbie Questions Thread

There's likely only 1 CR ticket left. All passengers in a booking need to be on the same ticket type, so it makes you buy 2x of the more expensive classic plus.

You could make two seperate bookings to get the lowest possible total price.
Thank you, is there a way of seeing if there are actually 2 seats available. I would hate to book one and then go into my wife’s Qantas account and find there is no availability left ( or would I😂).
Seriously is there a way of finding out how many seats are left? Cheers.

Thank you, is there a way of seeing if there are actually 2 seats available. I would hate to book one and then go into my wife’s Qantas account and find there is no availability left ( or would I😂).
Seriously is there a way of finding out how many seats are left? Cheers.
If it returns a result when searching for two, then there is at least two seats left at the displayed price. If it returns a lower price when searching for one, then there is additionally one seat at the lower price.

If it returns a result when searching for two, then there is at least two seats left at the displayed price. If it returns a lower price when searching for one, then there is additionally one seat at the lower price.
Thank you very much

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Thank you very much
But.... beware. The availability is dynamic. Just because there are 2 at the higher price, or 1 at the lower price does not mean that if you book the one at the lower price, that there will necessarily be one left at the higher price. The yield management algorithms may be happy to sell 2 at the higher price, or one at the lower price, but once the lower one is sold, then want more for the next seat to make up for that.

Not quite., It is not additionally at all. They are willing to sell one at the lower price. They are willing to sell two at the higher price WHILST that one is available at the lower price. If it goes, there may be none left at the higher price.

Hi, I’m looking to book a family of 4 trip to Fiji. I am trying to work out the best value for using points on classic rewards flights, or paying in full. The classic reward seats are good value for adults, but not so much for kids when the international taxes are so heavily reduced for them. Is there a way to book 2 adult classic rewards using points but paying for the 2 child tickets? Thanks.

Not quite., It is not additionally at all. They are willing to sell one at the lower price. They are willing to sell two at the higher price WHILST that one is available at the lower price. If it goes, there may be none left at the higher price.
Thank you…. Bloody algorithms, the bane of our existence!😫
Maybe I will just have to tell my wife that I managed to book a ticket in 1st and I promise I’ll save some pyjamas for her (joking of course, it will be me that ends up sitting down the back!)

Hi, I’m looking to book a family of 4 trip to Fiji. I am trying to work out the best value for using points on classic rewards flights, or paying in full. The classic reward seats are good value for adults, but not so much for kids when the international taxes are so heavily reduced for them. Is there a way to book 2 adult classic rewards using points but paying for the 2 child tickets? Thanks.
All I'll say is if you believe the kids tix better value to purchase with cash, then;

Book 2 reward seats, 2 adults. Then book 2 revenue for 2 children. Then just sit where you want within those 4 seats. Call to link the bookings if your can, hopefully seats close together.

That may even out the points to taxes scenario.

I recently booked 2Ad 2Ch reward seats return to Fiji.
6 of 8 in J cabin in next July school hols, very lucky.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back