The Qantas Newbie Questions Thread

You will need BP to enter either lounges, so the system will know you have done either.
Put MIL and wife into J, and then take one into F, wife would be more worth it, grin, don't kick me.
Me, yes, I have done both the F and J lounge at SYD QFi, when EK used to fly Au - NZ with their 380s a few years ago, pre covid, and granted, now EK flies AKL - DXB direct, but there is still one SYD - CHC with EK and has an F service.
To sum up, you will need your BP when you enter either lounges, you will need a BP to be scanned.

No, you can’t use currency (points) between programs.

Only AA miles will buy AA award flights listed on AA.com, and same for QF.

Have you tried looking on the QF sites for the origin in europe to a major gateway? So ‘not-so-popular’ city to say London? And from there continue on? Sometimes you need to use the multi city search to get combinations.
Thanks for the reply MEL. Its just I see a lot of Qantas/Oneworld partner airlines flights on the A/A site which don't come up on the Qantas site.
Post automatically merged:

If it's just a case of missing airports on the Qantas website (and/or booking from an origin that Qantas doesn't support online), you just need to call up and do it via the phone. They'll waive the assistance fee.

The Qantas website is missing a lot of smaller airports around the world.
Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the reply MEL. Its just I see a lot of Qantas/Oneworld partner airlines flights on the A/A site which don't come up on the Qantas site.
Post automatically merged:

Thanks for the info.
I hasn’t considered justinbrett’s approach, worth a try, but can run into problems.

Unfortunately I’ve had itinerary changes by CPT where I’ve been issued a revised PNR, and it was sent to ticketing, but ultimately failed after call #5 because of the errors thrown up during booking. The ‘review’ team may not allow it even if booked.

Would the MIL be happy plonking on the cheaper plonk in the QFi SYD J lounge for the duration while the wife goes with hubby to the QFi F lounge?
Not sure if hubby can enter the J lounge again, after bring in MIL, as wife as SG already has access.
Then, when its time for boarding, sms the MIL to come outside.
Only 2 ways up to the QFi SYD J/F lounge, from the gate, ie, either the escalators, or the lift.
Have never tried, but the QF F lounge dragon/dragoness might be kind enough to let 3 in, who knows, ie hubby and 2 guests.

Trying to do some SC maths.

Would a MEL > SYD flight ticketed as JL Codeshare earn SC? (QF metal JL codeshare ticket)

Trying to do some SC maths.

Would a MEL > SYD flight ticketed as JL Codeshare earn SC? (QF metal JL codeshare ticket)
Presumably only bookable in conjunction with a longhaul JL ticket.

If flying whY check the fare bucket against the QF earn table.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

I'm wondering how you can fly Qantas on a JL ticket?
See my earlier post. If booking JL to Japan or onwards, you should be able to book internal connecting flights. Similarly at the other end, connecting flights on BA, IB, AY etc.

I flew on a JL ticket SYD to Europe. Of 7 sectors, only 2 were on JL metal. QF to HND and SIN-SYD, BA HND-LHR and BOD, AY CDG-HEL and finally JL HEL-NRT/HND-SIN. All J for $5k. Nice status run!

I'm wondering how you can fly Qantas on a JL ticket?
Presumably only bookable in conjunction with a longhaul JL ticket.

If flying whY check the fare bucket against the QF earn table.
Yes. It's a TA JL ticketed route.

Overall, its MEL > SYD > HND,
KIX > SIN >MEL

MEL > SYD and SIN > MEL as QF codeshare.

Yes. It's a TA JL ticketed route.
MEL > SYD and SIN > MEL as QF codeshare.
Are you saying that their are normal QF coded QF flights but ticketed by JL? Wouldn't they have the same SC earn than if you had bought them directly from QF because the marketing carrier for those two flights is QF (despite who writes the ticket)?

Are you saying that there are normal QF coded QF flights but ticketed by JL? Wouldn't they have the same SC earn than if you had bought them directly from QF because the marketing carrier for those two flights is QF (despite who writes the ticket)?
Yes!

Are you saying that their are normal QF coded QF flights but ticketed by JL? Wouldn't they have the same SC earn than if you had bought them directly from QF because the marketing carrier for those two flights is QF (despite who writes the ticket)?

No as in its JL codeshared flight flown by QF.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back