The Qantas Newbie Questions Thread

I have an AAward for QF Y SYD-MEL, and then JL Y+ MEL-NRT on the next day. It is 22 hour transit but stay at MEL overnight.

Can I check through all the luggages to NRT at SYD and pick up both boarding passes at SYD, or I have to pick up all luggages at MEL, and then check in at MEL to NRT next day?

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Im trying to set up a fare alert, but it seems to deafult to whY and I cant seem to find a way to get an alert only for J on specific date. Any clues?
Unless you deliberately provide a low price that may never get met, doesn't this simply provide the airline with insight into how much over the odds you're prepared to pay?

I have an AAward for QF Y SYD-MEL, and then JL Y+ MEL-NRT on the next day. It is 22 hour transit but stay at MEL overnight.

Can I check through all the luggages to NRT at SYD and pick up both boarding passes at SYD, or I have to pick up all luggages at MEL, and then check in at MEL to NRT next day?
No overnight baggage in Australia afaik. So yes you'll need to take your bags then check in again thr next morning

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back