The Qantas Status Run Master Thread

Hi I'm about 300 SC short of Platinum renewal by 31 DEC.

Saw MH has this great fare from KUL-MLE for $475 which is supposed to yield 80 SC. This is based on what the QF calculator tells me (https://www.qantas.com/au/en/frequent-flyer/calculators.html)

View attachment 408352

My question is whether the said calculator is accurate. The last thing I want is to do the heavy lift then suddenly I get 40 SC instead of 80. Thanks!
Assuming that you are flying J then that seems correct - KL to Male is 1948 miles so falls in the 1501-2500 mile band of "All Other Flights" - https://www.qantas.com/au/en/freque...irline-earning-tables:en:nn#all-other-flights

Sorry for all the posts - the AFF system is doing whacky things tonight telling me that it has run into a problem when I try to post - got rid of the screen grab of the table thinking that might be the problem and posted the link instead - but the whole time it has been posting despite telling me that it has a problem!

Wow thanks for this important insight. I was indeed looking at Business Basic, which is Z class.

I will ask my specific question in the Malaysia Airlines Status Credit thread.

Since I will be positioned in CGK to start the status run, there's a good option on CX with CGK-HKG-TPE routing for $931. It's in class D.

Screenshot 2024-09-25 at 12.11.19 PM.png

I checked the earning table and class D is listed as Business, meaning should yield 80 SC (CGK-HKG) + 40 SC (HKG-TPE) = 120 SCs. Am I understanding this correctly?

Screenshot 2024-09-25 at 12.08.35 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-09-25 at 12.14.28 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-09-25 at 12.14.47 PM.png

Since I will be positioned in CGK to start the status run, there's a good option on CX with CGK-HKG-TPE routing for $931. It's in class D.

View attachment 408380

I checked the earning table and class D is listed as Business, meaning should yield 80 SC (CGK-HKG) + 40 SC (HKG-TPE) = 120 SCs. Am I understanding this correctly?

View attachment 408381

View attachment 408382
View attachment 408383
Yep, CX (and most OW airlines except MH) are generally safe in Biz on international sectors and earn as per QF calc.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Just pack your running shoes with a one hour connection in HKG.
For sure.

It's actually possible to take a 12pm return leg from TPE-HKG-CKG on the same day, arriving in Jakarta by 8pm, meaning I don't have to book hotel! That would be real dedication.

Any creative runs available ex HND/NRT?

Direct flights home from Japan are quite expensive and a good SC earn rate so hopping home would be preferred.

Any creative runs available ex HND/NRT?

Direct flights home from Japan are quite expensive and a good SC earn rate so hopping home would be preferred.

I haven't looked in a while but QF Flex Y fares used to allow taking the QF/JL codeshare via SIN, if you can stomach Y.

I've also seen QF fares JP-NZ for not much more than going to AU, allowing you to book a second trip like..

HND-SYD (stop)
SYD-AKL/CHC/WLG-SYD (stop)
SYD-HND

Is it possible to book a status run from Asia to Australia return with the current Red Tail sales? I notice that the sales only seem to cover flights ex Australia.

Otherwise, is it possible to book a two week New Zealand status run trip ex Australia with a domestic leg? I notice that these days the sales only cover direct flights. My preference is ex BNE or CBR.

I need 270 SC, starting and finishing in BNE. Anyone have an interesting run for me?
I just want to taste that BNE Domestic Business lounge toastie once in my life.

Last edited:

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back