The totally off-topic thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't been online for a while and there is so much stuff to catch up on.

How do you guys do it? Or don't you do any work when you're at work? :p :p :p
I felt like that from Thursday to last night, when I was in NZ. We did have a number of mini-Mod meetings though (there were 4 of us present but insufficient for a quorum).

Let us know how that goes medhead.
My info is over 5 years old and I wasn't scared a bit on the 50 minute flight.
I was more scared on a bouncy American Eagle flight going to SLC. I go Delta now.

On the other hand, the incompetence of government bureaucracy in Australia and an ingrained failure to acknowledge any fault in the system is mind boggling tantamount to an albeit embarrassing cultural idiosyncrasy.

which then requires an edict that UGG boots and onesies are not to be worn to work by the public servants.

Reminds me a a 70's joke.

What are the three most abused lies:

1. Of course I'll respect you in the morning
  2. The cheque's in the mail (refer Wikipedia for younger souls!)
  3. I'm a Public Servant can I help you!

Let us know how that goes medhead.
My info is over 5 years old and I wasn't scared a bit on the 50 minute flight.
I was more scared on a bouncy American Eagle flight going to SLC. I go Delta now.
I'm going to SLC soon. Was there a specific issue with American Eagle?

What's the point of having a TSA 'approved' lock on your bag, one which they can open and relock if they need to check your bag, but they then just cut it off anyway.

Did you actually see them cut it off or are you assuming?

If it happens again (or to anyone reading this) make sure you go directly to customs and say "I had a TSA approved lock on this bag and it has been cut off. Has my bag been checked by customs or has someone else opened it?"

You can never be too careful. Nothing like setting someone up as a decoy.

Did you actually see them cut it off or are you assuming?

If it happens again (or to anyone reading this) make sure you go directly to customs and say "I had a TSA approved lock on this bag and it has been cut off. Has my bag been checked by customs or has someone else opened it?"

You can never be too careful. Nothing like setting someone up as a decoy.

Well, when the bag came off in Canberra the lock was missing and there was a note inside to say it had been opened and checked by tsa. My point is that it was a lock sold as being able to be opened and relocked by tsa, so why wasn't it put back on? SWMBO admits she didn't notice the lock was missing in Sydney as she was too concerned with getting through customs and immigration and getting to domestic.

Possibly laziness by tsa, or more likely that they just don't give a flying fig. In my opinion, they (tsa) enjoy p*ssing people off and for some of them it is probably a game, not unlike some baggage handlers that seem to take delight in putting bags with 'priority' tags attached to one side so that they are the last to be delivered. Yes, I'm a cynic.

Interesting point is: if there was anything of value in the bag that went missing after they opened it, I'm presuming there would be absolutely no comeback, not even sure if travel insurance would cover this.

Last edited:
I do hope American Eagle have dumped the Brazilian little jet for SLC. It handled poorly in the rough air so much I have never gone back. The Delta plane from LAX to SLC is bigger and smoother so it handles the rough air so much better.

I do hope American Eagle have dumped the Brazilian little jet for SLC. It handled poorly in the rough air so much I have never gone back. The Delta plane from LAX to SLC is bigger and smoother so it handles the rough air so much better.

Looks like they have swapped the Brazilian jet for an equally small Canadian one

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Apparently the Stock Exchange is going to sponsor Carlton – they'll be known as the "All Ordinaries".

"...and Carlton went down today 200 points but managed to recover to be down only 120 at the close..."

Well that's a turn around, England win, Stokes named man of the match and Bayliss is expected to be named as England coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back