The totally off-topic thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Red S ?

The joys?? and diversity of being a PA.
Scored the " pick up kids from school run" this avo. Now have muddy shoe prints over my back seat and backs of front seats.
I am taking a work truck next time I have to do this in the rain.

You're a much nicer PA than me, I don't do "personal" stuff... its bad enough that in my last job I had to drop via my bosses house and he came out onto the street wearing a towel around his waist....

Same. They make good door stops occasionally. I can't remember the last time we used them - 10 years ago?

Yellow pages for business is ridiculously expensive. Our business isn't the type that would get referrals from them. The Ad guy had an argument with me saying I was missing opportunities in not advertising with them. He knew nothing about our business.

Google ads. We had a marketing person who was pretty useless. We had no say in her appointment as it was done interstate. She knew it all. She released a new website that had major grammatical errors, spelling mistakes and so on. But worse, she changed the DNS settings on our website but had not consulted with our local IT people and consequently her actions took our email system down for a week. I was supposed to have "retired" from management but after five days of no progress I told our local IT people to do whatever it took to fix it up. We did lose those five days of emails but within the hour we had emails back. Our appointed CE in Vic then had the gall to call me up to stop meddling. He then went home to his wife and told her what I had done. Bless her. She told him that I was doing exactly what he would do in the face of incompetence.

Back to google ads. They are so expensive. This marketing person decided to use a "key word' that was very expensive and with just one click on one of our sponsored ads, blew our marketing budget for a month. Worse, she had directed that click to go to a website that wasn't our major one.

Commonly happens as web design companies often lack the tech knowledge. Was forever fixing it for clients who didn't listen to said advice!

What about Red S ?

The joys?? and diversity of being a PA.
Scored the " pick up kids from school run" this avo. Now have muddy shoe prints over my back seat and backs of front seats.
I am taking a work truck next time I have to do this in the rain.

I had one mate, when he was an apprentice panel beater, their was little work, so the boss sent him to his home to clean up.

You're a much nicer PA than me, I don't do "personal" stuff... its bad enough that in my last job I had to drop via my bosses house and he came out onto the street wearing a towel around his waist....

You don't get much more personal that buying his underwear / clothes.
Today was organising flights for his daughter to come home from Manchester, & one of our staff to return from OOL.
I don't have a lot to do with the kids, but I have been there since their birth, so they just see me as part of the family - (and the source of tic-taks each afternoon)

You don't get much more personal that buying his underwear / clothes.
Today was organising flights for his daughter to come home from Manchester, & one of our staff to return from OOL.
I don't have a lot to do with the kids, but I have been there since their birth, so they just see me as part of the family - (and the source of tic-taks each afternoon)
Other doozy was my boss calling me from home to ask why his home internet wasn't working, as though I was meant to know...

Commonly happens as web design companies often lack the tech knowledge. Was forever fixing it for clients who didn't listen to said advice!

And they think it is somehow beneath them to ask questions.

I don't remember GJ Coles but i miss those days.

Coles cafeteria.
When Mrs GPH was in "confinement" with Miss GPH MK 2. I took Miss GPH MK 1 to Coles Cafe for breakfast before school for a few days.
Her disappointment was that it wasn't a regular gig.
Not long afterwards they (Coles) closed the Cafeteria operations down.
It was a bit of an institution.

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Game of wasted opportunities by the Reds. The Sharks getting a turnover from a player rolling all over the ground with the ball in the last 15 minutes really hurt.

Last edited:
Game of wasted opportunities by the Reds. The Sharks getting a turnover from a player rolling all over the ground with the ball in the last minute really hurt.

O'Connor kicking the ball directly to the opposition from in-goal is was one of the worst plays I've ever seen

O'Connor kicking the ball directly to the opposition from in-goal is was one of the worst plays I've ever seen

Yeah, wasted opportunities. That sort of thing is recoverable as a one off. But there was multiple issues, really suffered from lack of support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back